Women, do you wear underwear/panties underneath your pajama pants?

If my pajamas are thick enough I don’t wear panties, but if they are light I do actually put on a fresh pair. And if I’m on my period I always wear them and change them often to be comfortable. Skid marks are gross but they are understandable, I mean I wipe thoroughly but sometimes especially on my period, you can get a really bad itch around the hole and in order to not touch it you gotta use the pantie to do it…

:confused:

What are the supposed consequences of not getting things “aired out” down there? If nothing, doesn’t that prove that it’s not important?

Panties, but no bra. I’ve read that it’s not a good idea to sleep in a bra (something about it being bad for your breathing or something?), and it’s just not as comfortable.

Yeast infections.

However, I don’t think it actually makes a difference unless you are already prone to yeast infections, or the underwear you wear are not cotton (which I think these days is rare). If you have been wearing underwear to sleep forever and never had a problem, you’re probably fine. If you get a bunch of yeast infections, try taking them off.

So, basically, it is neither wholly true nor wholly untrue that sleeping without underwear is “healthier” for the vaginal area.

Panties, no bra. I always wear a big t-shirt and pj pants to bed. I shower at night, so I put on a clean pair of underwear after that, and change them again in the morning.

Until I saw this thread, the idea of wearing pajamas with no underwear had never occurred to me. Sleeping naked, yes, but not commando. Weird.

Ah, that makes sense, especially considering nylon underwear used to be a hell of a lot more popular a few decades ago than it is now, which would have been the case when people’s parents were telling them that as kids.

I’ve never had a problem with yeast infections, but I’ve never worn underwear overnight that wasn’t at least 80% cotton, either.

Fresh pair. And it’s really comfortable. I can’t stand sleeping without them.

(I hate the word “panties.” Yech.)

No panties and definitely no bra… I can’t wait to get out of the thing when I get home from work!

No bra; panties absolutely.

I prefer to wear nothing in bed. I sleep under as many blankets as i need to be comfortable and generally have two, but will add more blankets if i want.

Same here. After puberty, I started wearing panties and a pad to bed during my period. It’s uncomfortable, but waking up with blood on the sheets is worse. A tampon wouldn’t work for me (flow’s too heavy), and besides, all the tampons I’ve ever seen come with a warning label saying that leaving them in longer than four hours is risking toxic shock syndrome. I never wear a bra to bed.

I’m now getting adverts for some Mexican food joint. Nice thought…

My wife only wears panties during her time of the month. Never a bra.

Four hours? Don’t you mean eight? I sometimes change them about that often if it’s the first day and the flow is heavy but I leave them in longer than four otherwise. I always thought eight was the upper limit. (Though I’ve left them in longer than eight as well because TSS is so rare now and I think eight is the tampon companies being conservative–I don’t freak out if I’m a couple hours late.)

Eight hours. You’re supposed to change them every 4-8 hours.

Oh, good. My girly bits thank ye, Eyebrows.

Good lord, no. There’s nothing under my pj pants but me. I do have some footie pjs (coolest thing ever!), and under that I do wear a cami and sometimes underwear, but sometimes not too.

I generally sleep nude, unless we have people over (or are staying with family/friends). So my pjs are mostly for lounging around after work and on weekends.

Footie pajamas! Aw! Is there a little flap in the back for when you have to make inky?

I own lots of pajamas for lounging around the house. I sleep naked, and have for years. I only sleep in clothes if I’m staying at someone’s (not the boyfriend… He gets naked) house or am on vacation, or my son climbs into bed with me.

On nights when my son is at his dad’s house, I don’t even bother lounging in pajamas. I strip out of my clothes as soon as I walk in the door and use a Sherpa blanket to stay warm, if I need it. I wear a lot of uncomfortable clothing at work. I like getting out of it.

I always worry about a fire or intruders in the middle of the night and imagine having to jump out of my window in to the cold night naked. Not a pretty picture for me OR the neighbors.

Uh, no. Maybe you and your wife need to work on your hygiene. I’ve done plenty of laundry for myself, for friends, for boyfriends, and I have never happened across skidmarks. Yeah, they are disgusting.