Women in the LA area better double bolt their doors and set their alarms systems beginning July 7.

The bumbling fools in our judicial system are releasing the pillowcase rapist. He admitted to 38 rape and the number may be closer to 70 in a ten year period. Maybe with a little luck he can rack up an even 100 before they throw him back in prison. :mad:

At times I just don’t know what happened to common sense and sanity in our judicial system. It’s guaranteed there will be women hurt by this action and the judges could care less. Just another case to handle and clear off their docket. Hopefully his next victim will be waiting with a .380 and put this POS in the ground where he belongs. This guy committed these crime over a ten year period. He won’t ever stop until he’s locked up or dead.

I’d get the most up to date security system ADT sells if I lived within a mile of that house. Keep a loaded shotgun beside the bed and another one in the living room.

Google rapist cut off ankle bracelet and see just how effective those things are. There’s multiple stories dating back many years. Only a few weeks ago a NY child was raped and the mother killed by a newly released rapist with an ankle bracelet.

And the people of LA are so unused to violent crime.

Boy, it sure is a good thing nobody can get lethal injection drugs anymore, isn’t it?

Is it really the judge’s decision to release Hubbart? He completed his prison sentence back in 1996. (You could make a good argument he should have received a life sentence but he didn’t and you can’t blame Judge Brown for that.) He was involuntarily committed to a mental hospital at the end of his sentence. But doctors are now saying he is no longer mentally ill. So I don’t think Judge Brown has any choice except to release him. And he seems to be placing the strictest monitoring he can on Hubbart’s movement.

I wouldn’t object to a lethal injection of lead in this case. :smiley: One through the heart would do it.

Raping 40 women over a 10 year period is pretty hard core. This guy is like a rabid dog that needs putting down. He’s destroyed a lot of innocent women’s lives.

I believe strongly in prison rehab and in most cases I think it is possible for someone to turn their life around. Merle Travis is a classic example. There’s no way to change a very disturbed and violent person. Someone that is a predator that wants to inflict as much pain and misery as possible can never be changed.

We could sentence all rapists to life in prison without parole, execute them, or whatever - but we don’t.

I only read the first link, but see nothing in it to suggest their are bumbling fools in our judicial system (not saying there aren’t).

Sorry, but I think posts like these are inflammatory and encourage hatred against those FOLLOWING the rule of law - which should be encouraged.

I get the anger and frustration over the release of this person - just think it is misplaced.

I agree the law needs to be followed. They need much stiffer penalties for crimes of this severity. I don’t object to them getting treated at a mental hospital. But, when the doctors say they are sane then they should finish their lives in prison.

It’s just unbelievable that this guy has to be released and given the opportunity to rape more women before getting sent back to prison. A serious error occurred in his original sentencing. He should have been given life imprisonment.

How can 40 rapes possibly result in anything but a life sentence? Even one rape will send somebody to prison for 10 or 15 years.

He is 63 years old now. He could be better controlled thru medication and those ankle bracelets (plus observations) than the taxpayers paying to keep him in jail.

I mean your goal is the man doesnt hurt anyone right? If these steps are taken havent you achieved the goal?

I took Criminal Justice in colllege and as I recall, protecting the public is the main reason for sentences and modern prisons. Punishment is still a factor but it’s not the focus like it was a hundred years ago. Rehabilitation was a big thing in the 70’s and early 80’s. I’ve heard a lot of those programs have been cut since the late 80’s.

I hope the supervision and ankle bracelets will be enough to keep this guy from hurting any more women. There doesn’t seem to be any alternative based on his original sentencing.

They let a rapist go free because they couldn’t get drugs to execute him? That seems odd.

HAHAAAAAAHA. You actually believe this. That’s adorable.

You’re spouting about following the law and yet you say you wouldn’t object to murder?

Granted. But he’s still human. Civilized people follow the rule of law and at least try to be better than the criminals.

I’ll bite. How, exactly, do you know this to be the case? It certainly wasn’t from that one (it was one, right?) law course you took.

Obviously you don’t believe it. But for the most part it’s true. There’s very little movement in this country to make prison more punitive. Most people just want to make prison sentences longer and have them cover more crimes. They want people they see as criminals locked away but once they’re behind bars, they don’t much care what happens to them. The other guiding movement in prisons is keeping costs down.

The .380 ACP has inadequate penetration as a defensive round (or else fails to expand and overpenetrates), and frankly most of the pistols it is chambered in are of marginal reliability. The .40 S&W in a reasonable sized gun offers about the same felt recoil and almost half again the assured penetration and is a standard chambering for virtually all modern high quality service pistols.

So is that why prisons are full of non-violent drug offenders?

Stranger

I agree. Everyone seems to be following the law as it is written, except for the pillowcase rapist, of course. If the public, or their elected representatives, don’t wish to see proven serial rapists released back to the street, they need to change the law.

I don’t remember all the details. My Criminal Justice class was over 25 years ago. I recall lectures about prison rehabilitation in the late 60’s and 70’s. A lot of education and job training prison training were started. Parole requirements were relaxed. The recidivism averages went down some but a get tough on crime attitude took over during the Regan years. The last I heard most of those prison programs were rolled back and defunded.

I was referring to execution by firing squad. I think a couple states still include this option? I doubt its been used in decades.

Vigilante actions are never acceptable.

My question to the OP then is what would you do if you were placed in Judge Brown’s position?

I simply don’t believe you were.

According to Wikipedia, just Oklahoma and Utah. Last carried out in Utah on 18 June 2010.

That’s right. Any vigilante action is unacceptable.

Nitpick: the jailbird Merle turned country star was Merle Haggard not Merle Travis.

:smack: Got my Merle’s mixed up. Thank you for the correction.