WoooHooo ! I got my SDMB 13 Year Pin !!

Now I can proudly wear my 13 year pin. It arrived the other day.

An attractive enamel cloisonne pin bearing the resemblance of Our Perfect Master, perched atop a wooden stool with a malted milkshake in one hand and a meerschaum pipe in the other, intently perusing his dog-eared copy of The Orlando Furioso.

No, you can’t try it on. It’s mine. Mine, I say !!! Get your own pin !!!

Imagine what the 15 year pin will look like.

:smiley:

No chandelier in the background??

:smiley:

Mine has a skull and crossbones, with the motto: “HA!” I guess that’s the special mod version.

ETA: At this moment, Cartoonie has 9,948 posts, while I have 9,498. Wooooooeeeeeooooooo…

Not only that, but you both have a C, an N, an R and some Es in your names! :eek:

:stuck_out_tongue: You should know they cast beautiful rainbows for YEARS as I sat at my desk, and will again one day.

You know why it says “HA!” on it? Cuz it’s a Jolly Roger !

If he has a malted in one and and a meerschaum in the other, how’s he holding the book? Does it levitate in front of him?

My 13 year pin should come this month.

StG

Where’s mine?

Simple. He cups the malted and curls the fingers of the same hand around the bowl of his pipe.

I’m kinda surprised you doubted his mad skilz.

From your OP:

Now I want a thick chocolate malt. And a cheeseburger and fries.

StG

Does this mean I can expect to get a pin next month?

Hmmmmmmm.

Busted !! :smiley:

In MY day, we didn’t have pins. We used sharpened sticks to impale a papyrus drawing of a turkey wearing a mortarboard in our chests.

Yeah. I had a papyrus similar to that with the much-beloved turkey and mortarboard.

The cat ate it.

Mine is made of Radium.

Which is kind of why I don’t wear it, much.

That’s a turkey?!?

I didn’t get no stupid 12 year pin. {pouts}

All I ever get is a check for $1000.00 on the anniversary of my join date.

I’m just looking forward to the wisserteen year pin.

Yea, and where’s mine? :slight_smile:

I try to pretend it doesn’t bother me that I’m not a 99er. And it really doesn’t. Except in threads like this.

Missed it by that much!

I remember thinking when I first signed up, “Holy crap, people have been posting here for two whole years?”