"Wordle," a strangely compelling word game (Part 1)

Wordle 370 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::green_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

RAISE
SHINE
SLIME
SMITE

Wordle 370 3/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

CREST
STEAL
SMITE

All sorts of discombobulated. First I replayed the yellow E in the same position. Also, I considered but decided against checking M using the logic that L is more common. Fortunately I somehow still got the 3.

Wordle 370 3/6*

:yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square:

MOIST
EMITS
SMITE

Probably should have got that in 2 given the lucky start.

Wordle 370 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Earlier this week I had three possible words after the 2nd word. I let excel random number generator come up with the order. The correct word was the last one. The same thing happened today.
CRANE
TOILS
SUITE
SPITE
SMITE

Wordle 370 4/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::green_square:
:green_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square:

Pause
Shire
Stile
Smite

Nuts.

Wordle 370 X/6*

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

GRAIN
DIVOT
ITCHY
TWIST
SUITE
SPITE

I barely sipped my coffee this morning!

Wordle 370 2/6*

:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square:

IRATE
SMITE

Not complaining. :slight_smile:

ETA: Nuts indeed, @Morgyn. Rotten luck. :frowning:

Wordle 370 4/6

:yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

EARTH
LIONS
DUMPY
SMITE

Little tougher than I thought after a couple guesses.

Wordle 370 5/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:

HEART
TINGE
STILE
SPITE
SMITE
The creators must have been in a Biblical mood that day.

It’s been pretty negative for a week or more at this point. Wordle, why you so mad?

Indeed Wordle, why you be mad?

SMITE Wordle 370 6/24
BRINK
AWFUL
GLOAT
INPUT
LOSER Wordle 365 6/19
CACAO
BLOWN

Wordle 370 4/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::orange_square::blue_square::black_large_square:
:orange_square::black_large_square::orange_square::black_large_square::orange_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::blue_square::black_large_square:
:orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square::orange_square:

ADIEU
SHINE
CLOMP
SMITE

I worked hard for this four. With S_I_E in place, I came up with 11 words with unused consonants. C, L, M, and P were the most frequent (and I threw the O in there just in case I was missing something), and I managed to narrow it down to one.

My streak is now at 150.

Glad one of us had better luck today!

#370 4/6

SLANT
CHORE
SPITE
SMITE

After the first 2 tries, I could only think of two words that could work, and picked the wrong one to go with first. Good thing proper names are right out, because there were a couple of those that would have fit at that point too.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

It was the best part of the whole day, thanks to External Events Happening at the Judicial Level. :cry:

We take our small pleasures where we find them, I suppose.

Wordle 370 2/6

:green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square:

STARE
SMITE

Lucky first guess gave me first and last letters plus only two options for position of the third. A nice fast day. Well, nice in a relative sense…

Seriously.

(Vote, America, VOTE!)

Tomorrow’s. It was fine.

Wordle 371 4/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square:

Wordle 370 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square:

Was … … … … …QUIET
Made … … … … .EDITS
Out of … … . . . . .SPITE
Wordle makes up SKITE
I’m ready to… … .SMITE

Yeah, yeah, Skite is a word, even if my web dictionary does not report it as valid… :grumble:

We all need something that can take our minds briefly away from awful events like that. There is no honesty, no integrity, in this Supreme Court majority.

We already knew it wasn’t AWFUL. :wink:

Tomorrow’s Wordle, Today
I think this is #371. Wordle has removed the convenient button where you simply copy the results. Frak you Wordle. I still got 3/6.

Summary

SPURT
ALIEN
BEACH