"Wordle," a strangely compelling word game (Part 1)

Wordle 209 3/6*

:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Got lucky with my second guess.

SOARE
GAUNT
TANGY

PENIS
LUNAR
HANKY
CANDY
TANGY

:slight_smile:

Which puzzle? (number and/or day).

Sorry, #209.

Thanks!

Wordle 209 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square:

CLEAN
NADIR
MATIN
TANGO
TANGY

This is tomorrow’s puzzle, in which I got really lucky with my first guess.

Wordle 210 2/6

:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

I feel bad for posting this but what the heck:

Letterle 9/26
:white_large_square:
:green_square:

Mildly surprised that your third guess is even a word. I thought those things came only in pairs.

What in tarnation is a MATIN???

Yay!

Wordle 210 3/6*

:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square:

I decided to borrow the first word from some guy on Twitter who is apparently good at Absurdle. Worked for me…

AIERY
STAIN
PANIC

It’s French for “morning” and relates to Matins, which is the early morning monastic prayer hour.

Amen, brother.

I’m glad to have fought your ignorance.

Wordle 210 4/6* Jan 15th

So my guess of PANTY was so popular here I thought I’d start with that, and look, all green matches!

:green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

PANTY
PANEL
PANDA
PANIC

I seemed to be living in 4-5 guess territory for a while, but finally got lucky again.

Wordle 210 3/6*

:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:

OPERA
PAINT
PANIC

Your second guess was my first. I really lucked out.

I somewhat interestingly managed to have no greens until the right answer, although the fourth word had some mistakes and unused letters. Please excuse the first word…Uh, it let me do it.

Wordle 210 5/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

CHODE
BLACK
VICAR
SCATS
PANIC

Wordle 210 4/6*

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

About normal for me

My streak is 23, at 100%

Wordle 210 5/6

:yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square:

That’s the first time I’ve ever seen that word.