LOOM
OLDEN
RAINY
RIDDLE
ROUSE
RUFF
RUMBLE
UTTER

If you want to guess, put your answer in a spoiler box, so others who come in later can play along.

[spoiler]You can stick a “G” in front of them all, and get a new word.

I attribute my getting of this to seeing “Ambit” and thinking “Gambit” straight away. X-Men geekery shows it’s usefulness![/spoiler]

Dammit, I thought it was a little harder than that. I actually edited this down from the original list, which was about three times as long.

Without reading any responses…

Add a G to the beginning of each and you form a new word. Only took me a few seconds to get it, I didn’t even read the whole list. “Ambit” is a dead giveaway.

And in addition…

Each word can have its letters rearranged to create the name of a fish.

Sal: Alley? Loom? Utter?

whoosh.

:smack:

Ha, ha, made you look!

I’ll be starting third grade in the fall.

And you will excel! :wink:

Gexcel?

What? :smiley:

Gosh. You’ve never heard of the Yella, a timid freshwater fish found in China? Or the large but docile Lomo fish that lives in Peruvian highland waters? Surely you’ve eaten Trute almondine?

:wink:

If you add a “G” at the beginning you get a new word?

Galley
Gaunt
Gestate

etc

Oh crap! Will someone quickly report my post so a mod can fix coding? I forgot the spoiler box! Sorry sorry sorry! :smack:

If I add an “S” to the beginning of “wordplay” I get “Swordplay”, and I run you through for this thread.

Since the correct answer has already been given in a non-spoiler, I’ll add an alternate answer:

All those words are listed in the OP!

I guess I’ll be sitting next to Sal.