World Government Anthem

Suppose a world government was formed, what would you choose for it’s national anthem? (Please be serious)

“Battle Hymn of the Republic”

We are the World

Zebra is trying to start a war already.

I would choose something short with an easy rhythm. That would be more likely to “translate” to various cultures. Should it be in a pentatonic scale to appeal to more Asian countries? And maybe it could be something that could be sung in rounds.

But it should be something NEW and not something already associated with a country or area or god.

You’d probably want one without words, because whatever language you write it in, you’re going to make everyone else upset that it’s not originally in THEIR language.

Jupiter”, from Holtz’s *The Planets. * (Especially the part beginning at 3:06).

Either that, or the Star Wars “Imperial March”, because what the hell.

Already got one!

Three Blind Mice.

Simple to learn, easy to remember, reflects the idiocy of trying to address the World’s problems with one government, & you can whistle it.

Empire State Human — The Human League

The Internationale.

Don’t Worry, Be Happy

Oceania 'Tis of Thee

Hells bells, you are a walking talking cliche.

I propose Slatkin conducting Barber

“He’s Got The Whole World In His Hands” Just change “he” and “his” to “its”.

Moving thread from IMHO to Cafe Society.

Why? :confused:

The Battle Hymn of the Republic, while a great tune, a great march and a great hymn, is much too Christian and much, *much *too American to be a global anthem. As you obviously know.

Scatman.

Yeah, it’s obvious the OP has no intention of this being a serious thread. In that vein, I will give the most bad-ass song for world dominion evar:

Within Temptation - Solemn Hour.

God Save The Queen with new words. It’s pretty much everyone’s anthem already.
(For Curtis, yes, even ours. Look up My Country, Tis Of Thee.)

While it is associated with America the song actually never mentions America or American institutions by name. Indeed it can be a metaphor for any struggle for freedom.