Worse neighbor: Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, or Stan Smith?

I think some of the Family Guy characters would be great neighbors but because of Peter I would not want to live next to them. Many of his shenanigans result in damage, injury or possible death to his neighbors, the man has thinking grenades for og’s sake! And let’s not forget the helicopters, tanks, and other dangerous paraphenalia.

Stan might be the best neighbor if you just stay out of his way but you’d have to walk on eggshells a lot, so I think I’d pick Homer. As others have said I think his family is well-intentioned for the most part, just keep to yourself or be friendly without too many diddley’s and you should be fine.

If you’re Ned Flanders, it’s hard to imagine a worse neighbor than Homer. He’s obnoxious, a drunk, parties all the time, steals from you constantly and is always asking for money, has a short fuse, pays no respect to privacy, is prone to dizzying mood swings, and is largely responsible for the death of your wife.

It’s a bad deal for Flanders, who is pretty decent if very meek and ennabling. Of course, if you stand up to Homer, you’re going to get run out of town on a rail- if the universe itself doesn’t strike you down.

Then again Homer has redeeming qualities. For one he does try to be nice after he’s screwed up, although he usually tries way too hard. From what I’ve seen of the other two shows, that’s not the case with those dads.

Nah, I’d live on the other side of the Simpsons. If Homer doesn’t have someone to hate, he just might latch onto hating the new people. Besides, I believe you mean stupid sexy Flanders.

And yet Ned would probably call Homer his best friend. Most of the time he’s not consciously aware that he hates him.

Stan Smith tries to atone. He nearly beat his boss to death with his bare hands for dissing Hayley (eventually). He actually loves his children; he just thinks that he always knows what’s best.

Homer loves his children too; he’s just stupid. I’d say he probably loves Lisa the best, even though they’re constantly estranged, simply because he doesn’t understand her.

Peter Griffin, contrariwise, loves no one but himself. He’s not even as self-aware as Homer, who, when drunk, would admit that he is loathsome.* Peter is pure, unblinking, pig-fucking, puppy-stomping, kitten-raping, baby-eating evil.

*Actual drunken Homer quote: “The thing about my family is this. There’s Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn’t talk, and the fat guy. Oh, the fat guy. How I loathe him.”

Homer also called Ned his best friend in a recent episode. They known each other well and have a certain amount of affection for each other even though they’re people with totally opposite personalities. And I guess they are codependent: Homer is a champion mooch, and Ned desperately needs opportunities to make good by sacrificing for others.

The second one doesn’t sound like a redeeming quality at all.

Homer’s also (sometimes) very aware of what a screwup he is, as attested by his comment in the movie about “[trying] to make the day not hurt until I get to crawl in next to [Marge] again.”

Flanders and Simpson might be OK to live next to, but it’s those other people on that street that worry me. Shady bunch of yokels, them.

Kind of like how in one King of the Hill, Kahn refers to Hank as his best friend and Hank is understandably confused.

In the episode where Bush moves in, it seems like everyone lives on that block. Apu lives nearby, Skinner shows up for the block party…right there you’ve got most of the original members of the B-Sharps.

He’s also, by far, the most successful of this bunch. I mean, ye gods, the man is a dedicated civil servant. I view public service as a grand, noble calling, and I have the greatest respect for someone who spends his career advancing the public good. Sure, I may find Stan’s politics distasteful, and I doubt we’d ever be friends. But I could respect him, which is far more than I could manage for Peter or Homer.

Plus he’s easy to manipulate. The day you move in, wait till he comes home and knock on his door; ask him to help you put up a flagpole. He’ll do it for you and put you down on the good list. When discussing any issue on which you disagree with him, pretend to be constrained to answer by the requirements of your job, which you never expand on; he’ll assume you’re deep cover and understand. You’ll have him mowing your lawn almost as quickly as I’d have Hank Hill mowing mine, plus Mrs. Smith’s a mite fairer than Mrs. Hill.

Springfield all the way, Homer’s shenanigans aren’t nearly as bad as Peter’s or Stan, and his worst shenanigans happens away from home

second and third are Peter then Stan but they’re close

although Peter’s shenanigans are worse, Stan should know better and have more power to abuse but Homer isn’t anywhere near on the level of either Peter or Stan

Man, have you people even watched American Dad? All these “Stan will kill me” lines are completely opposite of Stan. He never gets into conflict with his neighbors…ever. The closest he got was Greg and Terry spilling the beans on his anniversary scheme, but even that was blown over (heh) easily.

He’s been nothing but cordial to Greg and Terry (even being gay), never has a problem with their mountain man neighbor who’s name I frustratingly can’t remember (even when he beat Stan at the haunted house) and is even fine with the lady who kinda-sorta wants to bang Francine.

The only people he kills (there are more confirmed kills than the “stan’s never killed” episode storyline) are terrorists and other bad guys. Hell, the one you have to worry about is Francine given that she’ll openly torture someone (Toshi and Keiko’s mom).

Living in Langley is absolutely the right answer to this question.

Seems to me that all I’d need are nachos and a TV showing a football game and Homer would be a good friend.

I’ll take Springfield, but only on condition that I get to go far away on vacation every Halloween.

You mean the first or second week of November :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sure that can be arranged, shouldn’t be too hard to fit an extra character in the Hell montage.