Worst Christmas song version in your opinion

In my opinion, the worst waste of recording media is “Deck the Halls/Jingle Bells” by Michael McDonald. I’ve never heard a more affected or afflicted recording of anything. The guy sounds like a drunken mental defective on that recording. (OK, I’ll fess up- I don’t like McDonald anyway, I think he ruined the Doobie Brothers. Even so, I think the song’s suckitude stands on its own.)

Anything barked, or meowed.

Any Christmas songs by Bruce Springsteen.

Any Christmas songs by Mariah Carey. She sounds like a wounded moose at best, let alone with the classics.

Santa Claus is coming to town by Michael Jackson/Jackson 5, I think it is.

Best wishes,
hh

That goddamn Paul McCartney one. “Simply having a wonderful Christmas time…”

Yeah, whatever. Makes me want to go break windows everytime I hear it.

“Christmas Shoes”.

I win the thread.

I would agree that is the worst Christmas song, but when I think of worst version, I think of a decent song sung poorly by someone.

I heard a version of Jingle Bells by Frank Sinatra that made my teeth hurt, although I don’t know if Jingle Bells counts as a Christmas song.

Moving thread from IMHO to Cafe Society.

Santa Baby, by Madonna
Baby, It’s Cold Outside, by James Taylor and somebody or other
Bob Dylan (you pick)

Harry Connick jr. butchered several traditional Christmas Songs on his album, When My Heart Finds Christmas. Jazz versions of Christmas songs don’t work for me.

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was probably the worst on this album. Rudolph would run to the opposite side of the world after hearing this recording.

I don’t know which of the following songs is worse… but one of them HAS to be the worst rendition of a Christmas song ever.

1. Barbra Streisand’s “Jingle Bells”

2. Bruce Springsteen’s “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”

I abandoned a grocery cart and fled from the store the first time I heard Barbra Streisand’s rendition of “Jingle Bells.”

The versions of Santa Claus Is Coming to Town that Springsteen and Michael Jackson perform are based on an arrangement introduced by the Crystals on the Phil Spector Christmas Album released in 1963 (actual title A Christmas Gift for You from Philles Records). No matter who performs the song with that arrangement, it is the worst version of it. I think it’s because of quantum.

And Barbra’s version of Jingle Bells is made of awesome. So, there. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the correct answer.

I didn’t even know that was Streisand, and I hated it already. And I love you all so much I subjected myself to that abomination just to check that it was the version I was thinking of. It was, and there is no end to the suckitude of that rendition. I would rather listen to Grandma Got Run Over and the dogs barking all day than listen to that again. At least those performers knew they were doing something silly and worthless.

Know how I know you’re gay…?

We have several radio stations playing all Christmas music all of the time. It seems that if you make this claim, you must play:

Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas
Jingle Horse Rock
and
Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
at least twice each hour.

He sang more than one??? :eek:

Stevie Nicks baaing like my goat on Silent Night is a very close second

“Deck the Halls” by Mannheim Steamroller.

If you like this, you are NOT MY FRIEND.

I can’t really get into most of the recent pop and country covers of Christmas songs. They seem to all sound the same to me, with the only difference being the country covers have a slight “twang” to them. Whoop-dee-friggin-doo.

Jews can’t sing Christmas songs. Whad’ya expect? :smiley:

Another vote for Barbra Streisand’s “Jingle Bells”.