Worst customer greeting messages (real or otherwise)

I don’t mind that so much as when they interrupt to tell you

“We apologize blah blah blah”

every 3.2 seconds. Ugh!

I’m convinced that no menu items have changed.

I think it’s all just a trick to make people think they should listen to the choices. See, I bet most people are like me and just start pushing zero or saying “operator” over and over til they get a real, live person as soon as you hear that automated voice. But if they TELL you to “listen carefully” then maybe you’ll think, “Hey, I need to listen carefully!” and use the automated options, which don’t have overhead costs like insurance and a wage.

Oh, and as for worst greeting, I have to say I actually hated anytime I had to end a call with, “Thank you for calling such-and-so.” What a dork-ass thing to have to do.

Yea and the latest trend of renanming things and jobs to be more PC and sound more affluent!

I work in the Medical Records dept. of a hospital. It was renamed to “Health Information
Services” just before I got there. Everyone in the hospital calls it Medical Records, patients/customers ask for Medical Records. But I am forced to answer the phone
“Hello, Health Infomation Services, Joe Blow speaking”. So inevitabilitythe first thing
anyone calling form outside the hospital says is “I was looking for Medical Records?”

I’ve keep waiting for that call “Yea, how do treat sepsis?” or something similar!

Damn it … it’s NOT … Health Information Services … we’re not Dr’s in that dept. …
and we ceritonly don’t know enough about health to provide you with any infomation on it!

We’re file clearks damn it. We bring your previous records to where ever you happen to
be in the hospital and collect the new records generated after you were a patient!

Aww well, but you can’t let the little things in life get you down! Oh well!