Worst webcam ever

I watched the first episode of Big Brother and immediately came to the conclusion that is was the most asinine show on TV. Since then, I have paid no attention to the show. However, my dad said the website had some interesting links and told me to check out the webcams just for grins.

So, I click on the link for cam #2, and what do I see? A girl riding a stationary bike. Nothing else. Every now and then the camera would pan in on her pedaling feet. Why? Apparently for dramatic effect. “Yes, she is still using her feet! Imagine the excitement the world wide audience must be feeling. I do believe those are Reeboks. But, they could just be dirty Nikes.”

I find it hard to believe anyone can watch this for any length of time over 30 seconds. So, is there anyone out there actually enthralled with this show or this website. If so, is there any decent reason I should give a flying flip about it and actually tune in?

I believe one of the “critics” over at Ain’t it cool news was enraptured by this. Having been burned on Jennicam (A chair, how nice (click on next link)), I’ll never watch those things again.

If you think that’s the most boring webcam ever, then it’s obvious that you’ve never seen the iowafarmer.com Corn cam! Watching corn grow was never this much fun in real life!

I actually ran into a “watching grass grow” webcam at one point.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

ahem
Sorry.

I tuned in to the show for the first (and last) time yesterday evening. I think I watched it all of maybe five minutes. I wanted to see what all the hype was about and just like I figured it was crap. The show is boring and you can hardly hear what is being said by the people. I guess there are people out there watching it amazingly enough. Thankfully I have a life.

Here’s a webcam for everyone -
http://www.ci.stevens-point.wi.us/construction/alwaysthere.html

Watch the bridge get rebuilt!

My wife and I have a perverse fascination for “Big Brother,” primarily because we can’t get over how sadistic a scenario it really is, if you think about it. This is unusual, given how we’ve resisted the pull of “Survivor,” “Who Wants To Look Like An Idiot On National Television,” and the other fad shows.

The thing with the exercise bike is actually a challenge for the housemates. It’s sort of like “Road Rules,” where they’re given a task to complete. Their current week-long task is to ride the bike 1,000 miles over the next few days. (Supposedly, it’s in honor of Lance Armstrong.) This is apparently to test their cooperation and team spirit; everyone needs to do their part to achieve the total, and they need to be organized enough to sleep in shifts so there’s always somebody on the bike.

Not the most dynamic image ever, I’ll grant you that, but at least there’s a point to it.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to the involuntary erections thread and see if my wife has posted any more embarrassing tidbits…

Next week Phoenix will have the worst webcam ever award wrapped up. Joe “Pink skivvies on the chain gang” Arpaio, the nation’s toughest sheriff, is installing a webcam at Maricopa County’s Madison Street jail. http://www.cnn.com/2000/TECH/computing/07/18/jail.webcam.ap/index.html

Actually I remember reading a review that made the claim of having discovered the world’s most boring webcam in a place called Toowoomba.

Anyone familiar with Toowoomba would automatically agree.

I’ll try and find the link for comparison with corn and grass (but the plants are ahead in my book).

Hey! I nominated that site for “weird earls!” :mad:

Probably the aha toilet cam. Just kidding aha, but there isn’t much humor on the board lately :slight_smile:

Well, are we nominating boring, or worst? For worst, I proudly nominate my own, given that the image hasn’t changed in over a year, because I moved and couldn’t tie up the phone line anymore, and then I got DSL, but I had got win2k in the meantime, and my camera is 98 only.
But, it’ll be coming back online within the week, and will go to the boring nominations after that. It monitors one of the most boring places in the known universe… my bedroom.
I also thought of another semi boring one… the schlong cam. It would be a cgi script that showed a pitch black screen most of the time, but would eventually update with like a toilet bowl, or a really raunchy up close and personal picture if given enough time.

What about lobster cam? I it’s http://www.midcoast.com/lobcam/
who’s idea was this anyway?

That’s all this guy does… EVERY DAY.

http://lightning.prohosting.com/~receipts/

Check out the receipt archive for all his reciepts and his running total.

reported

Hey, it’s aged well.

And it’s a chance to visit the Mitchell Corn Palace cam!