Would you _______ a _______ where somebody died?

Would you sleep on a bed where somebody died on? Would you buy a car whose owner died in? Add more situations!

Probably not. I know that it’s silly not to, but I’d be too weirded out.

Assuming they died of something unrelated to the car, like a stroke, sure. If they died in a car crash, no, I’m not buying that car, even if it is somehow in salable shape after being in a fatal accident.

For whatever reason, just seeing the title, before reading the post, I mentally filled in:

Would you fuck a corpse where somebody died?

(No, but not because of the location. Necrophilia’s not my bag, whether the corpse has been moved or not.)

The answer to all of these is yes.

We just had a student die in a dorm room. His body had been decomposing for a week.. I think that room will forever be known as the room that someone died in. I probably wouldn’t mind staying in it, though I want to be sure they cleaned up well after having a body rotting in there that long.

Considering that upon death most bodies void their bowels, I would not sleep in a bed where someone had died. That mattress would have to go.

As long as the body had not decomposed in the car or bed, Sure would why not? A new mattress and I am good to go!

I once bought a sports car at an auction very cheap. It smelled a bit odd but I thought that I could clean it up and resell it for a major profit. It turned out that the previous owner had died in it and not been discovered for three weeks.

I could not clean it well enough to permanently get rid of the odor. I would clean it and it would smell OK for a few days, then it would begin to exude the odor again. It did drive well and was a blast to drive in the first few days after a major cleaning.

I ended up parting it out. I made a little money, but since I could not, in good conscience sell the interior parts, I did not do as well as I had hoped. Oh well, live and learn! In retrospect, I should have stored it in a covered storage area with the windows cracked open. I think that after a few years, it would have smelled alright as the decomposition would have been complete. Maybe.

… My father died in 84 , in the family car. We continued to use the car to 93 or there abouts.
Vinyl seats though, and he was only missing for two days.

I wouldn’t buy it from Roland LeBay, at least.

Lick.
Park bench.
?

Ugh, yes, this. I wouldn’t care about the bed frame, but I’m saying NO to that mattress.

My parents both died in their sleep in their own beds. The beds remained in family use. I don’t know what the big deal is. When you go to the hospital, you’ll be taken there in an ambulance that somebody died in, on a gurney that somebody died on, and tucked into a bed that somebody died in, literally in hands that people have died in. And you think you’re improving your chances.

A friend of mine in college had what we called the “Death Couch”. It was this really nice plush couch in terrific shape that he’d got at an estate sale for like $10, because somehow it came out that the really old lady (90s) whose estate it was, had actually died in her sleep on the couch itself.

We didn’t care- it didn’t have any strange smells or stains, and it had a certain macabre and mysterious cachet about it as the “Death Couch”, so it was cool.

I’ve been in hospital overnight so I’ve almost certainly slept in a bed that someone died in.

Maybe she was one of those plastic slipcover types.

My sister routinely sleeps in the bedroom where my mother died.

However, if my mother saw how her old house has been redecorated, we could stick a driveshaft up her butt to generate electricity from her spinning in her grave… :eek::smiley:

Given that I love old houses, and it was not really until fairly recently that people got hauled off to hospitals to die pretty much any residence that dates to pre-WW2 had someone die in it - especially places even older predating to 1900 and earlier. Other than decomp smells that might have soaked into furniture or down into old style wide [soft] pine floorboards or into the grooves between parquet flooring or grout in tiled floors no big deal to me. While yes I do believe that ghosts are possible [not probable, in the definition of intelligent beings, I think they are somehow a remnant of electrical charge or VCR recording of an event and will eventually dissipate] I do not know of any reputable report of someone being harmed by a ghost [I think the Bell Witch was someone actually poisoning Bell Sr, and dropping off mutilated animals at his doorstep. ] so I have no problem living where people have died. [My family house had my Great Grandfather die in it as well as a couple female relatives of his that were spinsters of his generation.]

It’s not just where someone died, but when someone has died a horrible, violent death in a house I believe a lot of people don’t want to live in it.

Yes, with two reservations.

1. Everything’s all cleaned up.
  2. If I know the gruesome details, there’s not a cat there to give that creepy 1000 yard stare towards vacant rooms.

I won’t let you win this round. Yes!

Would you wear the clothing somebody died in?