Would You Be The Leader of Humanity

I would. I’m qualified, have gumption, would ban staff meetings beyond an hour, have cookies, and doggonneit, people like me.

Tripler
And I’d make the Illuminati my bitches.

You mean I’m not?

I dunno. What’s the superannuation and pension-plan like?

Absolutely and without a moment’s hesitation.

Fortunately for the world, there’s zero chance of me being declared God Emperor Of The Planet any time soon.

Yes. I expect I’d be assassinated, but, oh, what a month!

That’s why you need to hook up a dead-man’s-switch for the world’s nuclear arsenals to your heart monitor, first thing. That’ll weed out everyone but the people who think you’re bluffing, the ones who think nuclear death is preferable (or at least quicker and less painful) to the horrors you’ll unleash, or just don’t care if they murder the rest of the world if it takes you down.

A few atrocities on your part should take care of the people who’d think you’re bluffing, too. A subcontinent or a large island should do the trick.

I am honored that you asked, and I accept. I’ll work on setting up my HQ and get back to you.

No. I’d make such a bad job of it that I’d have to be assassinated for my own good.

Since I often say “If I were the king of the world, I’d . . .” so I had to choose yes.

Anyway, I think the leader of humanity should be a woman, and I am one of those.

Fool of a Took!

The dead-man’s-switch-to-the-nukes NEVER WORKS! The heroes assume, correctly, that anyone who would do such a thing is not going to care what happens in the event of his natural death, and thus conclude that eliminating you is even more urgent. Yes, you do force them to commit more resources to their plan, but you also increase the odds of someone in your inner circle betraying you to the Justice League.

Hell no I wouldn’t accept, and I’m kinda creeped out at those who say they would.

lol

Yes, and my first order of business will be to have all the other “yes” voters hunted down.

Now that’s a plan!

Sure I would. I don’t figure I’d be any worse than any other wannabe world leaders have been.

And not having to kill millions to get the job is a definite plus.

Bah! This presumes that you’re not taking measures to assure your own immortality or transcendant Godhood.

And really, you’d have that much trouble playing your inner circle against each other, to keep their effective loyalty? Or at least fear their own future without your protection, should you be toppled?

Yeps, I think Olives would do a great job: she’s been through a lot of psychological travails, and instead of whinging about it, has tried to deeply understand the human condition, to the point she’s making it her choice of study.

She’s learned from mistakes, and is open and honest about it. Go on ahead, Olives!

Me; I’ve learned a lot, but won’t commit to a poll like this. 'Nuff said bout my political ambition.

Thanks for the gumballs, Curtis!

Why should being World Dictator (er, I mean , um, Leader) be a trial or tribulation? It ought to be a piece of cake. You set your own hours, can have pretty much whatever you want, everybody jumps to do your bidding. If they don’t, you can punish them. I’ve never had a job that easy, and can’t think of anyone who has.

I think the OP and others are overestimating the quality of person needed to be a world leader. Seriously, look at George Bush. What an idiot! And he only managed to kill a million or so Iraqis and sundry brown people. And that’s because he was a national leader, with other nations to call enemies. The world leader won’t have that.

Naw, I’m just too humble for that sort of position.

Of course, you’d want someone humble to be leader of humanity, right? Oh no, oh no, I’m not saying I’d make a good leader…

Though really, my homespun, down-to-Earth personality is just the thing this world needs in a ruler. Not that I want to! No, really, I don’t…

I mean…if you asked, I suppose I would…

…no no, of course not, I’d just be too humble to accept…

…really though…I’d be great…hypothetically, of course…

Could we go for a parliamentary system? 'Cause in that case I’d take the HoS gig in a heartbeat – go to a lot of openings, premieres, funerals, confer honors, issue pardons, etc., and step in to withold my assent if the Government tries to pass a really ignorant bill, but let the PM handle all the shyte work.

And if they get too silly, I’ll tell the world I can keep dissolving parliament and calling elections every week and until they get their heads together and form a viable coalition I’m running things myself. THAT oughta scare them into walking the line.
As to being selected the ACTUAL Leader of Humanity, you may be hesitant to give the gig to someone with a history of Anxiety Disorders, but if it has come down to me, that probably means things can’t possibly get any worse so I might as well step in with some far-outside-the-box thought.