Wow, that's a great cover of that song

So just your anecdotal stories from your friends? Got it. I’ve known and worked with a lot of professional musicians from Nashville to Dallas and none of them ever shared your views.

In any event this isn’t a professional musician’s sub-forum, it’s just a general interest message board. Everyone here understands the accepted meaning of “cover”, as evidenced by the wonderful links posted in this thread so far.

I wonder what I can do to block you.

I love most of Jimi Hendrix’ covers, particularly of Dylan songs. Although, I’ve lately been appreciating Dylan’s own recordings more and more.

I think my favorite Hendrix cover is Johnny B. Goode. And my favorite Hendrix version was from an album called Hendrix In The West. It used to not be available in the States. That’s probably changed by now.

What do think of his cover of Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band? (Which by coincidence I’ve been listening to lately)

Not only did I find it, I found it live!

[Moderating]

This is a personal attack, which is not permitted outside of the BBQ Pit. Specifically, posters are not allowed to talk about who is on their ignore list. This is an official Warning.

Danielle Nicole, performing from home during the pandemic. “Take It To The Limit.”

Brandon Miller on guitar.

Quite nice. Thanks I enjoyed that.

I used to tease my stepdaughter by asking “What if Bob Dylan covered the Beatles?” and then doing my best imitation of ol’ Bob singing Strawberry Fields or whatever.
One day I just sang All Along the Watchtower in my Bob voice and got summarily chewed out for besmirching the great Hendrix’s song! I said “What? Bob can’t sing his own songs now?”
Ah, good times!

Bob Dylan never actually covered the Beatles, but he parodied them twice. First, in a twofer playing on both the Beatles and the Stones (as they both had done “I Wanna Be Your Man”), with I Wanna Be Your Lover (which remained unreleased until 1991) and then again on “Blonde On Blonde” with “Fourth Time Around”, which was a parody of “Norwegian Wood” that was a even a whole level funnier than the original. Lennon was stunned and devastated by it.

Lennon did his best Dylan in “You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away.”

That was the story, right? That Lennon thought Dylan was all that and then Lennon met him. Dylan was dismissive of the Beatles and that made Lennon dig down to do better?

I enjoyed this. There’s a scene where the Turtles meet John Lennon. Used to be free with prime.

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds do the best cover of this.

OK, that was frigging awesome. Although I only recognize Tom Petty and Prince (and assume the one to Tom’s left is Dhani Harrison, given how much he looks like George), who are the others?

As you can tell from the preview, this guy is rough on his guitar. He somehow manages to play lead, rhythm and percussion simultaneously on a deceptively difficult pop song with plenty of hooks. It’s both laid-back and amazing as f*ck.

Yes, that is George’s son, Dhani, Petty, Prince, Jeff Lynne from ELO, and Steve Winwood. I’m not sure if there are any other biggies up there.

I thought I’d posted this already but maybe that was a different thread.

Oingo Boingo did a heck of a cover of I Am The Walrus, especially at their last show.

Enjoyed! Thanks.