Wow, that's a great cover of that song

That was a great cover, thanks for finding it.

Oh, yes. Would you like a Goth one? Or a White Stripes one (apparently Dolly loves this one)?

It may have been mentioned already but I always like the Bangles cover of Hazy Shade of Winter. Better than the original, IMHO.

I’ve always loved the Pixies cover of Head On by JMAC (I love the original too). And, I love the video they released which is completely live. They took the original and completely Pixies’d the shit out of it.

Of course, I’m a huge Pixies/Frank Black/Black Francis/Breeders/etc fan (Teenager of the Year is probably in my top-10 album list).

Running Mates cover Human League “Don’t You Want Me”.

Agree, loved their version ever since I saw the movie way back when it came out. It’s in my playlist on all my devices!

Here’s the vid.

Richard Thompson “Season Of The Witch”

Glen Campbell does Donovan

There’s also a beautiful Gosdin Brothers cover of “Catch The Wind”:

I’m not sure if I’ve posted any Luna Lee in this thread. I probably have. Here’s her cover of Booker T and The MGs Time Is Tight. Good stuff!

Jump Into The Fire over.

I was about to start a corollary thread to @Czarcasm 's BAD cover, thread, but I’m glad I checked first.

My two nominees:

First, this is a perfect vocalist for this song’s range. Second, the chorus sends chills up my spine.

This version of this song became a summertime anthem for some friends of mine on year, and eventually became the ‘battle song’ of our later-founded Special Mission Unit. I slip it into my workout mix over my gym’s PA system sometimes, to good effect.

Both might be played at my funeral someday.

Tripler
It’ll be a pretty kickass funeral.

When the artist that you’re covering gives you a standing ovation, you know your cover is good.

The Gourds! All hail Kevin Russell.
Shinyribs: Golden Years. (Also includes the ghost of On Broadway)

Here’s a version of Hotel California that (surprisingly) has a folk feel. And to me - it works.

Another Running Mates cover. “Dream A Little Dream” Doris Day cover.

Here’s a throwback voice, covering one of the most covered country songs ever, but channeling the original cover by Kitty Wells.

If you don’t believe me, here’s Kitty.

I never guessed how far back this song went. It was first recorded by Ozzie Nelson and his Orchestra, with vocal by Nelson, on February 16, 1931. I suppose that most people my age assumed that the recording by the Mamas and the Papas with vocal by Cass Elliot in 1968 was the original one. By 1968, few of us thought of Ozzie Nelson as once being a conductor and singer. By 1968 the television show he had starred on had left the air two years before. It’s also interesting that Nelson had gotten a law degree by 1930.

On a more modern note…
(Though I just realized the original is almost 30 years old. God, I’m getting old.)

Debated whether to put this in the Things We Do In The Shadows thread or here. Cover of the theme song for WWDITS. Originally done in 1966 by Norma Tanega.

Very interesting stuff! Thanks.