Wow tonights Simpsons episode sucked

Clip shows are not played realistically so I guess they can get away with it. In one clip show they all got turned inside out by that strange mist. And SLH dragged off Bart, presumably to his death.

You gotta remember, they no longer have Phil Hartman, and hence no Troy McClure. If you had spent the better part of a decade wiht Troy McClure as an avalible charecter, and then you had to get yused to life without him—well, you can’t hardly blame them.

[hijack] Anybody else but me think that Futurama’s Zap Brannigan should have been a phil Hartman charecter? I mean, he’s hilarious as it is, but I can’t help but wish . . . .[/hijack]

I think I read (no cite though, sorry) that Hartman was originally supposed to do Branigan’s voice, but he died shortly before the pilot was made.

I liked the Simpsons episode. I love the fact that they can thumb their noses at all the critics who say the show has gone downhill, like in this thread, and poke fun at themselves. “Coming soon–the episode with a robot Marge”?

When I saw K&K barge in, I had to wonder, “Is this really happening?” Then I said, “Duh. None of this is really happening.”

I had a similar reaction back in “Missionary: Impossible” when Homer was being chased by Sesame Street Muppets. While it is futile to gripe about such things, I have to agree that the show thrives when it adheres to reality.

I mean, it’s possible that Homer could get his head stuck in a drawbridge and survive. It’s not very likely, but it’s a lot more likely than some scary aliens barging into Homer’s roast.

And how could Dr. Hibbert be at the roast when he had been arrested minutes earlier for impersonating Darth Vader. (“Luke I am your father.” Yeah, I get it. Thanks. Now shut up.)

Moe as Austin Powers was sad. The show is so pathetic it just depresses me these days.

No, that was one of the Halloween episodes. Not a clip show.

I didn’t think it was the best episode I’d ever seen–far from it–but I loved Mrs. Bouvier in J-lo’s dress! What a disgusting sight!

This episode sucked imho, the whole show now suck (and I still watch the X-Files) imho, I hate how they think we owe them for “for free entertainment”… when a half hour out of our lives is hardly free when subjected to their advertisers.

Fine, you all have a reason to say something negative to say about me… but they got you all by the balls if you keep watching, and they keep sucking.

Except for the few who like the recent episodes, who I am not mocking at all… Like I said, I’m still entertained be X-Files. But the people who complain (like me), why not just join me and stop. They don’t own you and their arrogant attitude (most of you don’t know the half of it… I could send you some literature about a writer getting hired and never even seeing a full Simpsons… and how he mock the online viewers). The Voice Talent is also paid very little, and mocked for wanting to leave. I just hate to see a show go SO down hill and not feeling it from angry fans.

In fact, you’ll find all the bad stuff I listed and even more at http://www.snpp.com/guides/lisa.html

Nitpick: Wasn’t that Agnes Skinner in the J-Lo dress? I don’t remember seeing Marge’s mother in that episode.

I kind of liked it. Like you guys, I used to think the Simpsons totally sucked in terms of new episodes. But upon viewing some episodes a second and third time, I’ve grown to like them. I mean, there are some really idiotic ones out there (“Brother’s Little Helper,” or the one with Duncan), but in general I think it’s still got…panache.