Writer Of "Green Acres" and "Addams Family" Theme Songs Dies; Two Snaps...

Hollywood Reporter article here.

"Vic Mizzy, the songwriter who wrote the catchy theme songs to “The Addams Family” and “Green Acres” television shows, has died. He was 93.

Mizzy has said that he didn’t mind if people only remember him for the finger snaps at the start of the “Addams Family” theme song. After all, he said, “two snaps got me a mansion in Bel Air.”

awwww.

those are great theme songs. i even heard people on the street singing them. people tend to sing “green acres” in central park for some reason. they gesture to the “penthouse view”. i even helped out a group when they lost track of the lyrics.

Why can’t more show biz types have that attitude?

Per his wiki more recently he scored some “outtake” scenes in Spiderman 2 and 3. I’m assuming this means scenes that made the DVD extras.

I had the Addams Family song stuck in my head Sunday night while bowling.

:snap::snap:

At the request of Sam Raimi, Mizzy wrote and recorded songs to play over the blooper reels for those two films. The one for Spider-Man 2 is a goofy theme song about Spider-Man, whereas the one for Spider-Man 3 is an instrumental. The first one in particular certainly sounds like a Vic Mizzy song.
Mizzy also wrote In The Middle, In The Middle, In The Middle, an anti-jaywalking song which my mother often sang. He was paid $1 by the city of New York for his services.

But it’s for his two theme songs for which he will always be known. Here’s Vic in a 2004 interview talking about writing the theme for The Addams Family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwkufehxKEs

Now he’s de-composing.

RIP and a two snap salute!..TRM

There used to be a band in central Illinois (Pork and the Havana Ducks?) that performed the “Green Acres” theme to the tune of “Purple Haze.” It fit perfectly!

RIP, Vic!