Wyatt, Easy Rider, said: (Spoilers!)

That’s too bad. I love this film. If nothing else, it has one of the best soundtracks ever. After seeing the movie I bugged my parents until they bought me the soundtrack and I wore that thing out.

It was probably my mom who bought it for me, come to think of it, because my dad HATED the movie. In the '60’s he’d take us to the Drive-In to see all the American International biker films. If a movie had motorcycles in it, he was there, so he drug us all out to see Easy Rider. I didn’t want to go because my favorite show was on that night (a short-lived pre-Lost show about a bunch of people stranded on a desert island, called The New People) but he made us. My brother and I sat in the middle of a row, well away from our parents. When dad realized that this was about a bunch of counter-culture types doing drugs and whatnot he got up to leave. He tried with a loud angry whisper to get us to come but we scrunched down in our seats and pretended we didn’t hear him. The people near the aisle kept shushing him so he finally had to sit back down. Boy did we get in trouble when the movie was over! It was worth it though. I’d never seen anything like it and it was quite an eye-opener for a 13-year old Kansas farmgirl.

I still can’t imagine why he wanted to see it in the first place. Did he not see the trailers, or did he just hear somewhere that it had motorcycles in it? To this day I don’t know.