­xkcd thread

Agreed.

It’s also fun to take your own major or your own occupation and fit it onto his scatterplot.

That doesn’t work quite as well for folks in education such as yourself; after all, that’s what’s supposed to be going on in classrooms! But for the rest of us …

Where would theology fit?

outside of the classroom.

But “education” isn’t the thing we study in my classroom. That would be math. And let me tell you, in the classrooms where “education” is the thing being studied, it’s sadly fairly weird for it to show up. I once had a professor in an education class ask one of the students (i.e., a future teacher) to read off one of the slides on the board. What the slide was saying, was not to ask students to just read off slides on the board.

I’m also not sure that ethics “showing up” in an ethics classroom is a good thing. Good ethics are usually invisible. When ethics does show up, it’s usually because of bad ethics.

Some discussions of some theologies belong in some classrooms. But it’s going to be really weird if any of the gods actually shows up.

(However, I’d argue that geography in a classroom isn’t odd at all. It’s located someplace, after all.)

That was my point (a friend of mine has a theology degree).

I disagree with paleontology. If that shows up in your classroom, it is bad. Very bad.

Yeah, I saw that movie, too. It appears that Randall is more of a fan of Pauly Shore than I.

I was disappointed to learn that Czech hedgehogs are those cross-shaped anti-tank structures from WWII (and later). I was hoping for some zany exploits of a wild hedgehog running amok in the Czech Republic.

See also Rommel’s Asparagus, which can’t be eaten.

I am NOT googling that.

It’s totally safe for work. I’ve posted the wikilink in more than one thread.

Though not safe, my grandfather was a glider pilot in WWII and was severely injured by one.

Ouch! I’m sorry to hear that.

Yeah, the stuff was dangerous by design. An aerial caltrop of a sorts. Like all fixed defensive appliances it’s diabolical in its implacability. You can’t scare it, you can’t make it retreat, it never sleeps or forgets to pay attention while on guard duty.

You just need to avoid it somehow or suffer its depradations on your formation and perhaps your body.

WWII glider pilots had brass 'nads heavier than I could carry in a backpack.

Uncle Fester (can’t remember the actor’s real name) was a WWII glider pilot.

Who was otherwise a pretty interesting person in his own right, separately from his long career in showbiz.

My Father’s friend was a glider pilot. He flew in D-day, and was apparently slated to fly in the event we invaded Japan.

What game are they playing?

Pretty much any Euro-style game will use Victory Points as the win condition.

ETA: And @gdave said it better :smiley:

ETA again: circular references!!!