­xkcd thread

I’m sure that the one I’m remembering was seeds for something

Dang, ninjaed!

Is “weigh as much as 17.082 cats” really high precision? 5 significat digits, but a very fuzzy (here kitty! Kitty, kitty!) unit.

And is “fewer legs than your kat” really medium accuracy? Fewer people have a cat, than those who doesn’t.

ACME Earthquake pills maybe?

Year 2106 bug, here we come!

ETA: quote from xkcd as quoted by dtilque, not dtilque themself.

That would be super-cool if they could end the date as good business partners, even if the romantic hook-up doesn’t work out. It’s probably easier to find romantic hook-ups than good business partners.

It’s rare that an xkcd comic makes me actually chuckle, but this one did it.

Two comics in a row about date disasters? He’s slipping.

I’m sure the next one will be about Phoenix dactylifera contributing to global warming…

Huh? I don’t see a second one. Unless you’re talking about the Y2K strip and I’m being wooshed

Yup. Your punishment is to meditate upon the possible alternate meanings of “date disaster”.

There should be rows for “advertiser-friendly” and “does this make money”. That’s all that I can think of but I’m sure there’s something else.

A quick Wiki says that Cybikos communicated directly with each other at ranges up to 100 meters. Does “mesh networking” mean that, if there were a sufficient density of Cybiko devices in an area, messages would be transmitted further than that, through however many relays were necessary?

This appears to be a patent by the people behind Cybiko asserting that it could relay messages beyond the individual device range

• The present invention relates to a novel routing method specifically adapted for use with ad-hoc heterogeneous mobile networks and more particularly though not exclusively to a routing method where communications between source and destination mobile units is carried out across a conference size packet radio network of mobile units.

• [0003]

Status of the Prior Art Ad-hoc heterogeneous mobile networks have recently become important in the field of mobile communications particularly with respect to mobile computer supported collaborative work. An Ad-hoc heterogeneous mobile network comprises a plurality of mobile units each being able to communicate with its neighbouring mobile units which are a single hop away. In such a network, each mobile unit acts as a router forwarding packets of information from one mobile unit to another via any existing communication link between them.

The comic is listing features for users, not for the developers. But a matrix for developer features would be interesting, too.

Ahem: