Yahoo fantasy football signup now open...

Sorry for being a bit out of touch. I’ll start paying attention here. I’m in, just wanted to reitterate that we can use by draft slot if it’s preferred over the Labor Day slot on the posted one.

If I can get an executive decision from the commish I’ll post it.

Also, not sure how you posted the draft order above, but I was 90% sure I had the #1 draft slot. It seems to me that we had some staggered system for assigning draft order which gave the consolation bracket something to play for. Does anyone have documentation of that?

Email me if anything comes up regarding the draft slot I have.

I prefer the later draft slot, but I can make Aug. 24 if more folks like that one.

Omni, I think the list you are looking at is for how we finished last year, not draft order. (But if folks want to give me the first pick this year, I promise not to complain.)

Ah, I see. What was that system we’d agreed on. Didn’t the 8th place finish get the first overall or something? Maybe 5th place, I can’t remember.

5th baby, and I was in fifth. Very little consilation for missing the playoffs by like 3 points.

Ah, here’s the thread. Thought I’d been (sniff) forgotten.
I may miss the draft too, but we’ll see.

IIRC, I had the best record last year, but lost in the championship; don’t know if that’s first or second place for draft purposes.

I’m pretty sure we agreed that draft choices would be kept 3 rounds lower; thus my steal of Moose Muhammed in the 10th last year will be a merely-solid keeper at round 7 this year.

And we probably need a ruling about keeper in year three – will he count as a round 4 keeper in 2006?

I’m leaning towards that. That way you have to find the steals every year, not just get lucky and sit on them. My $.02.

If you check last year’s thread (since the old league page is no longer up) you will see that the debate on keeper penalty was betweein (+1) and (+2). I am very certain that the final decision was (+2), as indicatd by my post-draft explanation:

Yes – the intent of the penalty is clearly to limit the number of years one can benefit from a single good find. The enalty gets steeper each year, and I believe we also set a cap of at most 2 years for a player to be kept, (Muhammed would cost an 8 this year, a 6 the next year, but could not be kept for a 4 in year 4.)

Spiritus Mundi is right - there was definitely a 2 round increase for keepers.

Also, did we ever determine whether keepers can be kept twice at most, or three times at most? (i.e., 3 total roster years or 4 total roster years?)

I am pretty sure it was 3 roster years.

Concurrence abounds, +2 penalty and three year limit.

I could have sworn I was fifth… I remember there being a convoluted scenario in the last week that meant I could have made the playoffs that almost came true. But my memory is not what it once was, and maybe I’m remembering another league or year.

Or do you mean that you won the consolation playoff bracket?

Sounds very good to me.

I believe there was no consolation playoff bracket. Yahoo does not allow for that structure. I think there was talk of manually computing a playoff bracket for the regular season 5th-8th place finishers, but I don’t remember that happening.

+2 rounds and 3 roster years total. Solid.

Yes, Yahoo did have a consolation bracket. I can’t remember if I made it in, or just missed it- so I’m probably that fourth-from-last spot.

Do we not have the final season record somewhere? I thought that I posted it on the board; I’ll search for it.

Omni
furt
neuroman

Are you the three missing owners? If so, please report to Yahoo league ID 398878

password: cecil

It’s almost time to get your butts handed to you again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Aye aye, cap’n.

Excellent.

And then there was one. Omni – you just waiting to make a dramatic last-minute entrance?

Well, I just wanted to ensure that I’d be noticed, I’ve got a killer backless dress. Notice the twirl.

How you doin’ :dubious: