Yahoo fantasy football signup now open...

No problem for me – I love the time. (I don’t mind if it’s changed, either.)

But I thought they didn’t usually have MNF games the final week of preseason, because that makes a Short week to start the season. (Don’t the teams in the Thursday night opener play Friday the last week?)

I know there’s no game then, I was speaking of the fact that the next 17 Mondays will be late ones.

I guess we just need the list of eligible keeprs for each team, so if anyone with the definitive end-of-season list will step forward, I would appreciate it.

I am in. Draft time is a bit late, but I can live with it.

I won’t be able to make the draft. Just throwing that out there; I can prerank. If I’m the only one, obviously, the draft must go on.

I can run a draft outside of the Yahoo draft, then enter it into the system to play on Yahoo (never again will I run a paper league.) It may be easier this way to account for the keepers.

What I would need to do it: cooperation from the other players in the form of deciding on a draft time, finding an appropriate forum to run the draft in real time (message board? IM? chatroom?), and that list of keepers.

I don’t want to do all the work if no one cares, so how about some feedback?

I’m up for anything. We could try it via the MB and allocate the first week of September as draft week. (Season opens on the 8th.) Would that give us enough time?

We should do the draft in real time, with time limits on picks. We will need to use a chatroom if we can find one that will be stable for 14 people.

Here are the lists with last year’s team names. These are the players eligible to be keepers, as far as the beginning of last season.

(Do we use this list or use the list combined with the roster changes during the season? I don’t have that set of records.)

Rhinosaurs

C. Chambers WR MIA
T. Brady QB NE
Is. Bruce WR STL
Ro. Williams WR DET
A. Boldin WR ARI
J. Plummer QB DEN
D. Akers K PHI
J. Stevens TE SEA
N. Davenport RB GB
D. Watts WR DEN
Washington DEF WAS
Green Bay DEF GB

Baltimore Weirdos

Baltimore DEF BAL
T. Heap TE BAL
W. Green RB CLE
I. Hilliard WR NYG
M. Robinson WR MIN
J. Wilkins K STL
E. Manning QB NYG
C. Taylor RB BAL
A. Gates TE SD
D. Terrell WR CHI
R. Longwell K GB
D. Bledsoe QB BUF
M. Schobel TE CIN

4th and 19 (Wilson)

L. Suggs RB CLE
J. Porter WR OAK
R. Wayne WR IND
W. McGahee RB BUF
E. Smith RB ARI
L. Evans WR BUF
D. Driver WR GB
S. Janikowski K OAK
J. Harrington QB DET
M. Pollard TE IND
B. Stokley WR IND
D. Graham TE NE
Oakland DEF OAK

T. Rex

C. Garner RB TB
J. McCareins WR NYJ
Ke. Johnson WR BAL
G. Hearst RB DEN
A. Lelie WR DEN
T. Calico WR TEN
J. Elam K DEN
A. Zereoue RB OAK
E. Kinney TE TEN
D. Hall WR KC
Pittsburgh DEF PIT
V. Testaverde QB ` DAL
L. Betts RB WAS

Mundi’s Morning Blue

B. Favre QB GB
P. Burress WR PIT
Ke. Johnson WR DAL
W. Dunn RB ATL
Miami DEF MIA
D. Givens WR NE
J. Rice WR OAK
J. McCown QB ARI
M. Alstott RB TB
A. Vinatieri K NE
J. Gage WR CHI
B. Watson TE NE
Ri. Williams RB MIA*

BithloMulletRevival

K. Robinson WR SEA
E. George RB DAL
New England DEF NE
P. Warrick WR CIN
M. Shipp RB ARI
A. Davis WR CLE
M. Muhammad WR CAR
M. Stover K BAL
B. Franks TE GB
B. Troupe TE TEN
K. Faulk RB NE
C. Simms QB TB
F. Mitchell WR PHI

Pentium None

T. Barber RB NYG
C. Rogers WR DET
T. Wheatley RB OAK
A. Crumpler TE ATL
R. Gardner WR WAS
J. Bettis RB PIT
Minnesota DEF MIN
B. Johnson QB TB
J. Brown K SEA
N. Burleson WR MIN
B. Roethlisberger QB PIT
F. Jones TE ARI
T. Taylor WR BAL

Omni’s Omnipotents

D. Jackson
J. Jones
P. Price
B. Lloyd
Carolina
Q. Morgan
J. Kasay
J. Witten
T. Hambrick
M. Clayton
De. Clark
A. Thomas
O. Mare

Balls:

D. Staley
J. Smith
L. Fitzgerald
Tampa Bay
Da. Clark
Re. Williams
R. Ferguson
D. Carr
M. Brunell
G. Jones
R. Gannon
T. Hollings
L. Tynes

New York Fanboys:

J. Shockey
A. Toomer
R. Dayne
L. Jordan
A. Becht
Buffalo
J. Garcia
A. Smith
A. Bryant
J. Hall
Seattle
J. Losman
T. Pinkston

Munch

L. Coles
M. Bulger
D. Foster
B. Williams
D. Bennett
Philly
K. McCardell
La. Johnson
C. Palmer
T. Glenn
D. Northcutt
K. Warner
M. Andersen

DerierExtraordinaire:

M. Bennett
D. Stallworth
J. Delhomme
L. Gordon
D. Branch
Dallas
O. Smith
T. Maddox
L. Smith
Tennessee
D. Rhodes
R. Woods
P. Edinger

Hamlet:

An. Johnson
T.J. Duckett
S. Jackson
M. Vanderjagt
R. Smith
J. Fargas
R. McMichael
C. Perry
M. Smith
T. Rattay
Kansas City
E. Parker
I. Mili

Varlos’ Zzzzzzzzzz:

K. Jones
J. Walker
K. Winslow
M. Booker
Mo. Williams
J. Galloway
B. Leftwich
E. Kennison
T. Minor
St. Louis
L. Toefield
J. Feely
D. Patten

This list is from the threads that were linked previously:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...3&postcount=171
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...9&postcount=172

I’ll spend my 5th rounder keeping Jordan, assuming that’s what he would cost.

The list we really require is the final rosters. Players should be eligible to be kept by their owners at the end of the season so long as that player never appeared on the waiver wire. We don’t need the full list of transactions to track that, only the list of trades. Any player who changed hands outside of a trade would be ineligible.

I have done drafts on Yahoo and ICQ before. It works fine, though someone would have to do the tedious work of setting the rosters in teh Yahoo league afterward.

Ellis Dee – aren’t you ethically required to drop Jordan now that he has turned his back on the big apple? Tell you what – keep him at 5 and I’ll trade you my 5th round pick for him. :smiley:

Technically yes, though I haven’t completely ruled out the “Former Giant, Now Good” style of team, which would legitimize Scary Kerry as well. In fact, notice that I drafted John Hall last season, much on the same principle.

But mostly I’m looking to swing a trade for Eli, and Jordan is the best bargaining chip I can see so far.

Heh – you should be setting your eye on Fiedler. I suspect he will have the best year of any New York QB.

(Okay – you should really be working for Tiki. But it kills me that Plaxico will have to rely on Eli to have value for me. I had been seriously considering him with pick #70.)

You aren’t kidding. On NFL Live earlier today, The Chad was talking about his shoulder being career threatening if he wasn’t careful. Not exactly confidence-inspiring. Even before that, I still thought as much. From the [post=6457448]Football is back![/post] thread earlier this week, I posted the following reply:

I don’t have much faith in my WR pool, but I have a 4 guys who are equally “good” to choose from, and it shouldn’t be too hard to pick up at least two (if not all) of them.

I am much wiser about draft order this year. Rest assured, I will NOT be picking The Chad with my first rounder. (Doh!)

Just to put it out there, Tiki won’t get nearly as many TDs with the hulking beast Jacobs getting all the goal line carries, and Curtis is very very very old, and most experts agree that his production will drop off precipitously this year. I’m just saying. :wink:

I had great hopes for Plexico escaping the Cowher ground force and finding a home with a competent aerial attack.

Then he went to the Giants. ugh

Nice try on Tiki and C.M. I’m sure everyone bought it.

The Mad Hermit - I emailed you the end of season rosters. If you weren’t able to receive them successfully please say so.

I did not receive them, but my email has changed since last year. My new email is available either by checking my profile on this board or by checking the managers list in the Yahoo league.

And thanks.

Got the rosters. It was a mess of HTML and script, but I’ve been extracting the information. Check this out and tell me if I’m doing this the way we want:

Here is furt’s draft from last year (minus the first three rounds)-

BithloMulletRevival

K. Robinson WR SEA
E. George RB DAL
New England DEF NE
P. Warrick WR CIN
M. Shipp RB ARI
A. Davis WR CLE
M. Muhammad WR CAR
M. Stover K BAL
B. Franks TE GB
B. Troupe TE TEN
K. Faulk RB NE
C. Simms QB TB
F. Mitchell WR PHI

This is his end of season roster-

QB P. Manning (Ind - QB)
WR M. Muhammad (Car - WR) x
WR D. Mason (Ten - WR)
RB C. Dillon (NE - RB)
RB J. Jones (Dal - RB)
TE J. Wiggins (Min - TE)
WR/RB M. Hicks (SF - RB)
BN M. Pittman (TB - RB)
BN E. Kennison (KC - WR)
BN K. Robinson (Sea - WR) x
BN M. Moore (Min - RB)
BN C. Simms (TB - QB) x
BN T. Pinkston (Phi - WR)

K S. Graham (Cin - K)
BN M. Stover (Bal - K)

DEF New England (NE - DEF)

So, here are his eligible keepers:

M. Muhammad (Car - WR)
K. Robinson (Sea - WR)
C. Simms (TB - QB)
M. Stover (Bal - K)
New England (NE - DEF)

Now, should they be drafted in the same round as last year, or three rounds higher, or as the first three picks?

I’ll try to get this done tomorrow. I need one more thing- can someone help me find the results from last year, to make the draft order?

Not quite. If any of the players he did not draft came to him through a trade (and had not been a free agent at any time prior) then those players would also be eligble as keepers.

for instance, I traded ricky Williams to another player last year. I drafted him at 16, and he was never placed on waivers. That player has the right this year to select Ricky Williams as a 14th round pick. (We decided upon a 2 round penalty, I am quite certain.)

I don’t have the final standings, but I do know who drafts last this year. :smiley:

(and I did find the old rules thread from last year.)

The Mad Hermit,

I have posted the end of season rosters on a free geocities website that all may view:
http://www.geocities.com/neuromanzero/
Going through all the rosters seems like a LOT of work. If I were you, I would put the onus of determining keeper eligibility on the player/coaches. Then when we submit our keeper lists, you only have to double check the eligibility of the three (or less) keeper picks, which means checking on ~42 players instead of 224.

End of season records… crap? I don’t think I have a record of the finishes. I’m pretty sure I got 4th and Hamlet got 3rd, because I think I remember losing to him in the consolation match.

Incomplete finishing records so far:

1. Spiritus Mundi
  2. ??
  3. Hamlet?
  4. neuroman
    – all teams below 4th did not make the playoffs –
  5. ??
  6. ??
  7. ??
  8. ??
  9. ??
  10. ??
  11. ??
  12. ??
  13. ??
  14. Ellis Dee :smiley:

I finished fifth last year… I remember that fairly well.
Draft time works for me.

Thanks for the link, neuroman. I found the spreadsheet with the draft results quite helpful, too.