Yahoo fantasy football signup now open...

I’ll be there. I might just draft one of those guys who throw the ball this year.

OK - I have copies of everyone’s week 14 rosters (beginning of playoffs / end of season.) I also have records of all the DROPs that coaches made during the season, because I think the rule we had on keepers is that once they hit the waiver wire, they lost keeper status for next season.

What I lack, stupidly, are the actual draft results. I feel confident that these exist somewhere… aha, here they are!
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=5248723&postcount=171
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=5249809&postcount=172

And here is the original thread from last year:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=251453&page=1&pp=50

The Bithlo Mullet Revival will be revived.

I am so totally in. The New York Fanboys look to be much better this year for countless reasons, not the least of which is the fact that I won’t be downloading java over a dialup during the actual draft. Doh!

As far as regrets go, taking Jeff Garcia instead of Eli Manning wasn’t the best move in the world. Who has Eli? You keeping? (He sucked, and looks to suck again…you know you want me to start him…)

My only keeper of note is Lamont, but he’s no longer a NY guy. I haven’t yet decided if that means I’ll ditch him, or if it means I’ll open up my requirements to include ex-NY guys like Kerry Collins, who looks to be better than either Eli or The Chad this year. Ah, decisions decisions.

So, uh, being the laughing stock of the league, where does that put me in draft order? It has to be in the top half, right?

I’m down with both the He Hate Me league and the Christian Okoye invitational, as per last year. If we wanted to try to open things up for new players, that might not be a bad idea. Say, one keeper and one new league?

As far as rules go, my thoughts (which, being a newbie fanboy idiot who may not win a single game, probably don’t matter much) are as follows:

1 point per point. (TD=6, FG=3, XP=1, Safety=2)
+1 point for 40+ yard FGs
+2 points for 50+ yard FGs

A yard is a yard. As in, rushing yards and receiving yards should be worth the same, no matter who rushes or catches for it.

Passing yards should be a third of whatever rushing/receiving yards are worth. (300 yards passing = 100 yards rushing = 100 yards receiving) I could be convinced of other ratios; I don’t much care. I do think rushing and receiving should be the same, though.

Negative scores are a must. No opinion on the specific negative values, though I did very much like the -1 for a fumble and -2 for a lost fumble.

The roster size & structure were pretty good last year. Being a homer fanboy, I’d ideally like 1 bench spot for each starter, but I won’t whine like a bitch if you guys want to limit bench spots to increase strategy.

I also wouldn’t mind trying a much bigger league; I think that would be cool.

I cannot properly express how incredibly jacked I am for the Giants this year. We should at least get a wildcard. The Jets? I’m a little worried, but hey, they’re my secondary team anyway.

I will return to defend my title, of course, despite not being able to rely upon a pot smoking nutcase with no shoes to carry my team after week 5.

I am so desperate for football that I have actually tuned in to NFL network in order to watch highlights of the Ricky Williams press conference – twice.

I’m feeling a bit antsy. Do we have enough returning owners to make this work? Should we create a league and offer up the password?

There’s always a chance we don’t have all the owners from last season, so you could probably fill in for one.

Also, there another doper FF league setting up (much faster than this one, I must say) in the Cafe in this thread. I think there’s only a couple spots left, so you best hurry.

It still has that “new league” smell.

I have a league open, with a good draft time (Tuesday, Sept. 6.)

Email me for the details. I have to keep a couple reserved spots open.

Are we going to do this? I have received no emails.

I emailed Mad Hermit. Should I be emailing you?

I will. Purely for the entertainment value.

-NC (pentium none)

We must play.

Personelly, I was never big on the “rotating commissioner” idea. I think things will run snoothest if The Mad Hermit just keeps running with the ball. I have no complaints about his service last year.

If Omni or anyone else wantas to take over, I’m fine with that, too – I just think it will take an active hand (quickly) to make the keeper league work.

I wouldn’t worry too much about posting the league ID and password. It’s getting pretty late in the game, and we may find ourselves with not enough returning owners and no new interested parties if we wait much longer.

I’m itching to get in and set up my pre-draft rankings.

If neuroman would email the rosters to me, I’ll set everything up. I can’t promise a great draft time, but let me know ASAP and I’ll get right on it.

I see that the following people have posted:

Ellis Dee
Spiritus Mundi
NurseCarmen
Weirddave
furt
neuroman
Jimmy Chitwood
Wilson
BabaBooey
VarlosZ
Omniscient

…and me.

We need Munch and Hamlet as far as I can see. Hamlet emailed me, so there’s just one left.

Looks like enough interest to go on.

The earliest draft time available on the latest day possible is 3pm Wed, Sept. 7.

If we go to 2pm, we can get the preceding day (Tue Sep 6) along with Wed.

If you want a really early draft, we can get any hour between 9am and 2pm on the 1st, 2nd, 7th, and 8th of September.

We need to act now…

I’ve bumped the thread so that it stays on the front page tonight.

Please let me know if you want me to proceed…

Who is playing tonight, anyway?

Munch isn’t a doper anymore. I’ll alert him to this thread. I’m in, by the way.

Munch is following the thread, and he’s in. I’m emailing you his email, Hermit.

The Yahoo league has been created, I got a late draft time- Monday, Sept. 5, at 11:15 pm.

You would have been awake to watch the game anyway…

League ID is 398878

password: cecil (what else?) :wink:

I put the settings on default, post over there to propose rule changes. I do have last year’s settings saved for reference.

That’s Labor Day.

Figures. I hope it isn’t a problem.