YAY! I got a job!

The job that I interviewed for last Friday I got the call today. The pay is good and the job is something I have never done before. One fo the best things is that the boss is very understanding about time off to get my training done for the reserves.

:slight_smile:

Yay me!

We may actually be able to look at buying a house next year.

Everything is coming up Milhouse!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That’s great news. Congratulations!

Congrats! I’m going to be running into the problem now that the training year is starting. We already have an excercise next weekend and I probably won’t be going since I’m swamped with work at my new civvy job. It may be about time for me to choose one or the other, sadly. Glad you don’t have that issue.

OOOOH, don’t QUIT the reserves. If you have to, take a leave. It is not worth it to quit. I did in 1997 and it took me almost three years to finish the paperwork to get back in.

Well, I got the civvy job because they cancelled my shot at going to Afghanistan. Now I’m kind of settling into it, and who knows when the next chance to go over might be…

There really isn’t a whole lot left in terms of stuff for a reservist to do, and I don’t need any more years in the infantry to become a financial analyst, I’m already 23 and not getting any younger, it feels like I’m just running out of time and if I don’t go over this year then I really don’t want to go in 3 years.

My parents are virtually screaming at me to do it, I never listen to them of course, but they might be right this time. :frowning:

Hopefully, the Calgary real estate market will go for a nosedive soon, then the civvy job won’t be quite as attractive, and then I’ll go back to being a mo bum. :slight_smile:

You don’t need to be any younger! You seem to be the kind of person to make the most out of every opportunity and I wish you well.

Congratulations!

You have to do what is right for you. I just know that i quit the reserves under the same sort of circumstances, they had screwed me over (again) and I didn’t need it anyway as I had a civvy job. Fast forward a few years to getting pregnant and laid off and being a reservist would’ve been a nice thing to fall back on.

If you are not sure, maybe try a leave of absence? You can take one for up to (I think) a year before you have to release.

Ack, sorry for the hijack. May I remind our readers that the title of the thread is Yay! I(Poysyn) got a job! and not Kawaiitentaclebeast - Directionless Drifter.

So…Yay! :stuck_out_tongue:

That is great news. Wishing you luck in your new career. :slight_smile:

Yay, Poysyn!

And if you get your own house, you can have as many dingoes as you want!

All part of my master plan!