Yep, another thread about sex...

Why is that sad?

I’m about the same - it is just a matter of what one wants.

This begs the question: Does thinking about someone else while masterbating constitute having sex outside a commited relationship?

Personally, I’d hate to think that my SO was doing that. But…

There was a whole thread dedicated to wether or not this was cheating. I can’t say that it is…

I don’t really think about what anyone else is fantasizing about while they masturbate… It’s never occurred to me that this would somehow threaten my relationship…

Not I :slight_smile:

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. And the same goes for my boyfriend. (He’s only ever slept with me)

Can you say, “Missed the point?” Kalhoun, Shade did NOT discuss having sex with people who didn’t choose to have sex. Kalhoun suggested the lack of sexual partners wasn’t by choice but imposed by circumstances.

And am I the only one who thinks it’s funny that we had two women answer for their men, and BOTH think their man has been totally faithful? Not only that, but one was even faithful to his ex! And not only that they were faithful, but they were celibate at every other moment of their lives! I sure hope you are both right, but I also have to think you are assuming a lot.

I have to admit, I have had sex outside committed relationships, but I don’t think I should give stats.

I’ve been a faithful husband for 9 years now…

My wife and I were both virgins until we married each other (I was 36, she was 34).

Strange, but true!

:smiley:

In my 40 years, I’ve only had sex inside one fairly-committed relationship, and never outside. Yes, one relationship, over about three months. Although I was close one other time…but didn’t feel comfortable with the girl.

Good for you! How long have you been married? :wink:

Thanks, that’s exactly what I meant. When I saw his post I had a moment of horror at how my post count be misinterpreted.

I’ve never had sex outside of a commited and monogamous relationship (from my end anyway). I’ve had two of those and I’m 45 years old. I don’t think that’s sad.

Something you have to say, GregE625? Or are you suggesting I’ve lied to my wife about my sexual history?

Two. Count 'em. Two women I’ve had sexual relations with. My ex-wife, and my wife.

You got a problem with that?

Not every man is ruled by his penis.

Two? Mr. Withers and who else? And I think you forgot the 1 in front of the 45. :slight_smile:

Why would I have a problem with that?

Am I suggesting you HAVE lied to your wife? No. Am I suggesting it’s possible you (and the other’s women’s SO) may have had sex with someone that you never told them about? Yes. But the point of my post is that the women felt compelled to speak for the men in their lives and I thought that was funny. And I thought I would ask if anyone ELSE thought it was funny. I’m interpreting the attitude in your post to say that, no, you don’t think that’s funny. OK by me.

And I’m not going to comment about your penis.

Why would I have a problem with that?

Am I suggesting you HAVE lied to your wife? No. Am I suggesting it’s possible you (and the other’s women’s SO) may have had sex with someone that you never told them about? Yes. But the point of my post is that the women felt compelled to speak for the men in their lives and I thought that was funny. And I thought I would ask if anyone ELSE thought it was funny. I’m interpreting the attitude in your post to say that, no, you don’t think that’s funny. OK by me.

And I’m not going to comment about your penis.

I’ve only consented to be in one exclusive monogamous relationship, and I un-promised about a week later, realizing it was not for me. Exclusivity is not for everyone. I think the important thing is to be true to who you are and what feels right for you, emotionally.

I enjoy sex in my monongamous relationship now, but I had years of wild liasons before this. It was great fun while it lasted, but I prefer the love and romance I get nowadays.

Not me.

Gosh, that was harder for me to admit than I thought.

Obviously, the second would be Mr Smithers. :smiley: