Yesterday Was Mr. And Mr. DMark's 30th Anniversary!

Congratulations, y’all have been together almost as long as I’ve been alive!

Yours is one of the couples I was thinking of when I posted in another thread that one huge reason to get married is “having the legal permission to do so.”

Here’s to 30 more!

And 30 more!

I don’t care that you’re queers, but anyone that keeps a good marriage working for 30 years deserves all the kudos thrown his way. May the previous 30 years be the least-happy half of your marriage.

¡Salud!

Congrats!
30 years at anything takes ALOT of patience and work. You two have had to deal with 20x the crap that “normal” couples have too.

Thank you all for your congrats and good wishes!

Although our relationship is no secret to any family member or our friends, Gay anniversaries are still something that is undefined socially.

I mentioned it was our 30th to a few friends and family and, although they all said variations of “cool!” or “really…that long?”, it seemed to be more of an oddity or bit of trivia to pass on to their friends than a real acknowledgment. I suppose there are lots of hetero couples who get the same reaction, but it put the whole “legality” and “validity” issue out there.

At any rate - thanks again! I know this really does fit into the mundane pointless stuff I must share, but it was nice to put it out there - if for no other reason than to publicly identify this point in time in our lives.

Congrats! Mr. and Mr. Panache are looking forward to our 24th this year. And I agree that many people don’t consider it to be an actual Anniversary. When we hit our 20th, I got more reaction when one of the cats turned 20.

Congratulations! Some good friends of mine have been together for thirty-five years. One of them is British, so they got married at the UK consulate here in Sydney four years ago or so, with morning coats and top hats and diamond stickpins (which is so so so very them) and then off to Tea at the Queen Victoria building, then a party at their restaurant. Those guys are awesome.

Hopefully you had a good day of it. :slight_smile:

I was going to ask, what day do you use for your anniversary? The day you met, first date, moved in together, or something else? Congradulations BTW. Thirty years, that’s longer than I’ve been alive.

My mother counts two: they first noticed each other on January 3rd, 1957, and got married on July 7th, 1964. They were married 35 years, together 43. I know many people who do that.

Congratulations to you both! A toast to 30 more years!