Yet another birth control question

Can you build up a tolerance to pills?

I was on the same pill (Ortho Novum 7/7/7) for years in America with no problem. Then I moved to Ireland, where they don’t have the same pills. The doctor looked up in some book and found that a pill here called Cileste was similar, so she put me on that. I found it made my periods slightly heavier and longer, but still manageable, so I stayed with them.

I’ve been on them about 3 1/2 years now and the last few months things have started to go strange. Two months ago my period was noticeably heavier. Last month it arrived on the wrong day. This month, right now, I’m sitting here with terrible cramps. It’s been so long since I’ve had cramps it took me a while even to work out what they were.

Is this pill just becoming less effective for me? or is there something more sinister going on :eek:

There are lots of things that could cause irregularities even on the pill. Stress, age, any number of other things. It happens from time to time with just about any pill, and it’s generally nothing to worry about. It does, however, merit a call to your gyno’s office to talk to her or a nurse. This is not something you want to fuck around with.

Right on with the advice, CrazyCatLady, It may be something as simple to fix as changing the prescription. Its better to give a call now than needlessly suffer.