Yet another pre-emptive move to the pit

Wow. That kind of puts the whole ATMB-Pit mod attack talk shuffle in a whole different light.

Exactly the ones you people are giving him. He likes to play the martyr. He didn’t get to have his fun in that thread so now he can do it here.

Right. I didn’t want to direct the discussion. But those ideas, thought as yet ill formed, were floating around in the background as I wrote the OP. I thought I’d have a chance to continue the discussion, and get to those ideas as they developed. I began with a simple straightforward description about an event. It never occurred to me to preemptively cover all possible avenues of reaction. I guess I trusted in the intelligence of the community to get around to such ideas eventually. Which was not allowed to happen. Rather, instead of waiting for mod intervention to be necessary, you just said, “Have at it, peeps. Rather than see where this goes, I’ll just paint a target on his ass and pass out the crossbows. Please don’t have a civil discussion on my account.”

If it’s against the rules for a mod to pit a doper, it should be against the rules for a mod to passively-aggressively pit a doper by proxy, by dumping a thread in the pit just because you wish you *could *pit them.

Not that I give a shit about your opinion, but it was my friend who treated, not me. And please tell me how you know how I have or haven’t followed up with my former landlady now that I have a new job.

Yeah, you missed it because that’s not anywhere near how it happened.

God damn, learn how to multiquote or do it manually. :rolleyes:

Click the quotation button in the middle of the three buttons on the lower left of a post. It should turn red. Then click it again on a different post to quote that one also.

Once you have all the posts you want selected, hit either the normal quote button for the last post you want quoted or click Reply and they’ll all be automatically coded for quotation.

If your friend was paying. why did you feel the need to mention (in your OP) that “I have some money this week, but it really can’t be the most expensive place in the world”

ETA—Since you obvoiusly feed off attention, I feel that it’s not my place to provide you with any additional fodder for your issues; I certainly wish others would learn to ignore you, but as I can only controal my own actions, thsi is the last post I will ever address to you.

I hope you get the help you need—Matthew

Requesting that this thread be moved to the pit.

ATMB is not the place for making snarky comments.

I had prepared a lengthy post comparing and contrasting lissener’s posts in this thread with excerpts from previous ones, but after seeing your post I deleted the whole thing. Whatever short-term gain he’s getting from this drama, in the long run it’s probably not helping him, and it’s certainly not going to do me any good.

lissener, I hope next year is better for you than this one seems to have been.

You are 100% right-----I should never have posted in this thread in the first place, and just kept my thoughts about his long-term pattern of behavior to myself…

Here’s hoping for a better 2010 to all-----Matthew

Yep. The result of this thread:

Please leave the moderation to the mods. If you take exception to any post or thread, please report it instead. We appreciate reported posts, and read every report before we decide whether or not to take any action.

For clarification, we do not have a rule prohibiting snarky comments in ATMB. However, personal insults are not permitted.

-xash
Administrator

Humor whoosh.

Cite.

:shrugs:

Regards,
Shodan

She moved the thread to the forum it belonged in. It wasn’t a passive-aggressive pitting by proxy or anything else. It was the right move and I would have done the same. It’s about the way the thread was going, lissener, not what a mod “wanted” to happen to you.

Well, I just got a warning because twickster didn’t move a thread that actually belonged in the Pit.

In light of our discussion here, Marley and Twickster, I want the warning rescinded.

No, you got a warning for calling someone a “sanctimonious prick” in MPSIMS.

Well, Kimmy Gibbler didn’t actually call anyone on the SDMB a bad name, apparently instead referring to the brother of the girl who the thread was about, but I’m sure in light of this you’ll find about 17 other rules violations that will justify the warning.

Although I do wonder how someone calling this girl a bitch or a slut passes, but maybe that’s a gender equality thing or something? :confused:

Seriously, twickster. What you did was a blatant act of cruelty against lissener. Yet you’re not ashamed, are you? I appreciate your delightfully meta contribution to the thread.

lissener, if it makes you feel better, it could’ve been worse: instead of moving the thread to the pit, she could have left you outside to freeze to death.

Why did he challenge a mod to do something about it then? Insulting a non-member has never been against the rules, as far as I know. And why didn’t he attempt this line of defense, rather than saying that the thread should have been moved to the pit, which seems very close to admitting that he did something he knows should only be done in the pit? Or are you having a laugh?

Because she’s not a member. It’s not that confusing, actually.

ETA: Merry Christmas, everybody!