" Yo Soy La Morsa " (foreign Beatles covers)

Are they’re any covers of Beatles songs in other languages? The only one I know of for sure is “Norwegian Wood” in an Indian language by Cornershop. Are there any others, especially in a Romance language?

Los Fabulosos Cadillacs have a cover of “Strawberry Fields Forever”. Mostly in Spanish, but has some parts in English too, like the title.

A few years ago, some company made a compilation CD of different Beatles music to a Latin beat, sung by different Latin artists and singers. The only one I remember of the compilation is “I Wanna Hold Your Hand” sung by Manny Manuel.

The Beatles themselves recorded “Komm, Gib Mir Dine Hand” and “Sie Lieb Dich” – German versions of “I Want to Hold Your Hand” and “She Loves You.”

Sie Liebt Dich

“Komm Gib Mir Deine Hand”

:wink:

I knew those German Beatle songs would come up as soon as I saw the thread title.

I once made the mistake of smoking some very potent Sinsemilla bud and listening to "Komm, Gib mir Deine Hand." I was rewarded with the very vivid but unwelcome mental image of the Fab Four wearing SS uniforms, jackboots, and swastika armbands, giving the “Heil Hitler” salute and goosestepping to the beat.

Gaaaaah Never touch reefer again! :frowning:

Then there’s the mental images conjured up while getting high to the tune of Alice Cooper Goes to Hell — “I’m having a Hell of a time, my dear / Wish you were here.” But let’s not even go there.