You A Gifted?

In 1960?

Nope, never been gifted.

Joe

Wow, no shit, really? That’s…well, sad or fucked-up or both.

Hey where’s our OP? That first post was a lot of work, no follow-up?

I can walk and chew gum at the same time as long as the ground is level. Does this count?

No. I pretty much have one track and devote all my energy to it. Kinda like Einstein. Or Issac Newton.

No, because I’m not a narcissist.

I’m too busy thinking to talk.

No. I’m boring in these respects.

I’m constantly thinking about different stuff–different fantasies, story plots, and things to create. Does this count?

No. I’m pretty stoic and stony-faced.

Very much so.

I don’t care about making a contribution. I just want to do what I like, and if it helps other people, that’s swell. But I’m not idealistic enough to think I can change the world or be anything other than another cog in the wheel.

Yes, pathologically so.

I’m a great problem-solver and I am very creative. But my world is very “inner”. I don’t care about stuff around me; I feel like I’m exempt from it somehow. Sometimes I have great ideas, but I don’t have the passion to carry them out. Or persuade others to help me. If I think about a problem too long, I start thinking, “Is this really that important?” Usually the answer is no. I am not a visionary, but I can talk like one.

So, as you can see I am not A Gifted.

Who decides whether or not people are gifted?

Define gifted.

I know somebody that is a special snowflake.

Well, it is my birthday.

Really? Were you a gifted?

I’m gifted enough to know that “gifted” isn’t a noun.

A Several times.

My birthday was really on Saturday.

All together now…

I’m a gifted
You’re a gifted
He’s a gifted
She’s a gifted
Wouldn’t you like to be a gifted too?
Be a gifted
Drink Dr. Gifted…

Hm. Suddenly, I have this great urge for a certain soda.

It is possible that some posters in this thread are conflating “a gifted” with “a special purpose.”

I am many gifteds. In fact, I might have been JFK. You know, before this.

Ha, I didn’t initially reply to all these informative posts because I saw it was deleted, but I appreciate that it was resurrected, which I just noticed now.

Anyways, I’ll just address a couple of posts & points made, even though I tried to be straight up in the initial posting.

Fair enough. I appreciate the response.

Was it you?

I could break this comment down, but I’ll just simply retort:
Haha funny; I didn’t know thread titles were suppose to be grammatically correct; It got people to click; Message > Grammar; An Intellectually Gifted Individual would question and answer Why is this title titled the way it is

Ever think that your depression could be in relation to Giftedness? Because it can be.
“The Gifted Program” is funny in that it usually focuses on the education aspect vs the emotional aspect, when in reality it should go hand in hand.
“Anti-elitism” is actually part of the Gifted stigma.
Funny enough, these “mental disorders” can also be attributed to Intellectually Giftedness, where a large problem is that Intellectually Gifted Individuals don’t know what what Intellectual Giftedness is, or how it applies to them.

This comment confuses me. Are you Intellectually Gifted?

My trusty sarcasm detector is stalling.

You know what they say, once you’re Gifted, YOU’RE GIFTED FOR LIFE.

Seriously, Giftedness does not expire, and it may be Intellectual Giftedness that affects multiple psychological disorders, if they exist or are mis-diagnosed.

Ultimately, it doesn’t really matter. At the end of the day, it’s what an individual identifies themselves with.

Technically, Psychologists in the field specializing in let’s say Gifted Programs, identify Intellectually Gifted children / students. Therapists may identify clients, children or adults who seek their advice. Evidently, one may realize the self-actualization of Intellectual Giftedness.

I think I defined Gifted already, at least in this context. Intellectual Giftedness, Intellectually Gifted.

Of the top of my head; Highly intelligent, highly creative, intense emotionally, energetic physically, rebellious to the status quo, idealistic, perfectionistic, asks why, wants to know how, likes to experience things, having many many interests— basically an almost overwhelming combinations of those things, but I’m sure I left out numerous factors.

So I’m guessing the nice men in the white coats let you use the computer in the community room once every two weeks, then?

I was lifted, sifted, grifted & re-gifted.
…and then returned for store credit. :frowning:

You must be gifted if you can title a title.

If it takes a psychologist or therapist to tell you that you are gifted, then you ain’t fucking gifted.

I’m too gifted for my shirt, too gifted for my shirt, so gifted, it hurts.

Defining things well is a gift. One that I lack.

My gift is fucking up. And it’s one I can’t re-gift to someone else.