You are lying whores Entertainment Weekly.

I sincerely doubt it. Do you think Time was picking its nose and reporting about begonias the week after 9/11? Any large event would easily cause both magazines to have the same cover story.

They both had OJ Simpson on the cover shortly after he was arrested. You will remember that they had the same photo of him (a police mugshot), but his skin looked darker on the Time cover than on the Newsweek cover, because Time had artificially darkened the photo. There was a bit of a stink about it.

I want to see George Wendt in a bean eating movie…

Urgh! Joel Stein - the reason I quit reading Time. Now he’s even less amusing in EW on a weekly basis. At least his pitiful writing is stuck on the last page so I can avoid it when I read my co-worker’s copy.

At least there’ll be one section even more pathetic than their music reviews.

I’ll miss the looking back at past entertainment news as well. The one they did about George Sanders commiting suicide was a favorite. I guess they wanted something more “current” to connect with a younger audience. So we get an unfunny column by a young “humorist” that some asswad at AOL-Time-Warner thinks is funny.

[Smiley]More beans, Mr. Wendt?[/Smiley]

[George Wendt]I’d say you boys have had enough![/Geroge Wendt]

I’d like to eat beans with George Wendt while watching a bean-eating movie.

“Entertainment Weekly”

“Lying Whores”

can anyone explain why anyone would expect these phrases to be anything other than totally synonymous.

I like beans, but have no idea who the Wendt fellow is

Ah, shit. Don’t get me started. 20 reviews every week of the latest pop/rap/faux-rock crap, and one rotating review for jazz and country, and classical recordings don’t seem to exist at all.

They were already going for the “younger audience” (which they equate with “stupider”) with the back page history lesson…it was always an event when they decided to go further than five years into the past.

When I was a kid growing up in Cleveland, we used to go to the West Side Market on Saturday mornings for vegetables and fruit and pierogis and sausages and things. We always stopped at Wendt’s dairy stand for fresh buttermilk. They had a big milk can on the counter, and they’d pour you an ice-cold paper cup of it for twenty cents. Cool beans!

I’m honored - I’ve never corresponded with a child prodigy before.
You are a prodigy, right? Because your posts seem relatively intelligent, yet you are obviously younger than 10. 'Cause everyone in America over the age of 10 knows who George Wendt is. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sua

psst: He played Norm on Cheers.

Dreadfully sorry old bean, but I only recently arrived on your colonial shores :wink:

Uke

Because we all know how dangerous a liarwhore with unpreserved left-right flow can be.