You . . . dumb . . . COW!

Please, why the hell isn’t this in the Pit?

Since it’s not (yet, that is), I suggest you seek counseling. You NEVER hit-only in self-defense.

You DESERVED to lose her, and she’s lucky she got away.

:mad:

Oh, and to clarify one other thing, we’re both students in the same university. Yeah, I’m younger than most people here :smack:

(Moved to the Pit while I was posting).

Actually, no it doesn’t. It just makes you even more of a scumbag, because she’s so obviously the better person.*

Abusers almost ALWAYS appologize immediately after, and will shower their victims with gifts and attention. But they’re STILL abusers.

You’re a fucking diseased cumstain, and I hope she and the other guy live happily ever after.
There are not enough WORDS for people who lash out at those they care about.

In fact, anything I can think of to say just doesn’t satisfy. Excessive profanity just falls flat. Gaaahhh…I can’t express how pissed off this…loser…is making me.

*(And before anyone mentions it, I would say the same thing to a woman who slapped a man across the face.)

You didn’t know by age four?

:confused:

You were not in love with her, nor she with you. I think you will hurt less when you realize the truth of this. It was a fling, it didn’t work, you’re both better off. Lesson to be learned here: do not move so quickly in a relationship. Take time to get to know someone before you decide you’re in love and have them move in. I mean, this seems elementary, but I’m 35 and you’re probably 20, so it does bear mentioning.

Don’t hit people when you’re angry. I think we learn that in kindergartner, and it’s a good rule to live by.

If you’re just going to Bangkok, why go for a woman in the first place? (Yes, yes, I know. I’m really just that funny.)

Like I said earlier, perhaps your use of the word “love” was a little strong, especially regarding a woman who moved in with you after your second date. Surely, that isn’t the foundation of stone you imagined it to be. It seems as though Kara is a bit flighty, so I wouldn’t wait around–there’s no point. And, as everyone has said, violence is not an answer to anything. If you’re angry, that’s fine, but there’s nothing but criminal charges to be gained from hitting someone without good reason. Anger over being dumped isn’t a good reason. Try going for a run or something next time to drain some energy.

From the Single Dopers: What Are You Giving YOURSELF For Christmas? thread:

My apologies, the casualness with which he described the abuse struck a cord thats all. I take it knowing it would eventually be sent to the Pit won’t cut it for an excuse will it?

Now that this is in the Pit…
Jaochai, I strongly suggest you come to terms with your mistake. What you did was fucking stupid. Yeah ok, I’m sure you’ll come along in a minute and justify by saying that what she did / said felt like a slap in the face. Guess what? It ain’t the same thing. No matter what emotional distress you were feeling (wait till you learn what it realy is like), you do not hit people for things they say. You need to take these next steps:

1.) Learn self-control. Go to counseling. If you continue to beat people because you’re upset, where will it end? Better get yourself in order before it tumbles down the next logical step to a closed hand punch, and from there into deep shit.

2.) Grow up. Adults need to be able to understand and deal with their emotions, rather than displaying them as children do. You said that you are at college. You know what that means? It means that you are (most likely) legally an adult. Start acting as one.

3.) Then consider dating other people. Until you can act as a rational human adult, I sure as fuck wouldn’t want you dating my friends. If I had been the friend of this young lady, I would have been encouraging her to press charges against you.

I will back up everyone else who has said it: this was not love, this was lust. You were using the wrong end of your spine to do the thinking for you. Considering your comments about Bangcok, I surmise that you’ve figured out what your dick is, but haven’t figured out how to not let it control your brain. Stop trying to fuck everything that moves and work on trying to be a real man, not a punk jock wannabe who thinks being a man is counting notches on your bedpost.

On the tentative assumption you’re not trolling, why on earth would you admit this on a message board? What sort of replies were you expecting?

Sorry; from the thread title I thought it already resided there.

Jaochai: The world is full of bastards who hit people then feel that an apology is all that is required. It’s called pattern abuse. The apology means nothing; zilch; nada. Her forgiveness does not absolve you; the act still stands as a shining example of overt violence against another human and should not be tolerated by anyone, including yourself. Violence against other people, male or female, is inexcusable outside of a boxing ring (and that’s pushing it) or in defense of oneself.

This is good advice that I wish there was some way for me to take to heart besides, you know, first-hand experience. I was just desperate for some affection, I guess. I guess we both were.

I will give myself points for the fact that I am most emphatically not trying to do this. Milquetoast as it sounds, I suppose I’m enjoying being yelled at because she was unwilling to do it.

Go to your university counseling center. If they won’t see you, get a low-cost community referral. End of story.

In that case you are contemptible. I am sorry that I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Would it be against the rules to hope he picks up something more than just a girl in Bangkok?

The OP is rather obviously a troll, and I’d wager that there is no ex “girlfriend”, no boyfriend she went back to, no nothing. He’s just trying to stir up shit.

With that being said…

Bullshit. And sexist bullshit to boot.
What, there are some circumstances when it’s fine and dandy to hit a man, but hitting ~gasp!~ a woman is simply beyond the pale?

Sorry, screw that sexist noise. It’s exactly that sort of sexist attitude that causes men who are abused to “suck it up”, because they’re a wimp if a woman beats them up in the first place, and a whining wimp if they complain about it.

You can hit a woman in exactly the same circumstances in which you can hit a man, and for exactly the same reasons. And if you disagree, give me one single rational reason as to why.

“I met a girl. We had a fling. Then I slapped her across the face. Does anyone have any comments?”

C’mon, you guys. What does he need to do, bring out three billy-goats gruff and a bridge?

When my ass is pinched, and I turn around to find one or the other.