You have ONLY two choices.

Singer. I love to sing. Either way I’d be famous (which sounds awful), but at least in one case I’d be famous for doing something I loved.

I’m actually kind of good at singing, and have historically been rather crap at footie, so . . .

It seems from the OP that I only have one choice, with two options.

Singer. It’s the residuals and the licensing.

Can’t I be a singing goalkeeper? Or at least a goalkeeper that releases a marginally successful rap album? Then maybe I can parlay that into some sort of Shaqesqe movie career. Kazaam 2, hey producers, make it happen, I’ll be your new rapping genie!
PS-Is goalkeeper foreign for goalie?

Goalkeeper. Nice outdoor lifestyle, exercise, sport. Paparazzi less interested in documenting your every move and wardrobe choice.

I like singing, but I am not a people person.

Singer. Not a big soccer/football fan. Plus, better outfits.

Singer. I love music and I loathe sports. Want to try me again? Chocolate or death? I choose chocolate. Yes, I had to think about those two questions for an exactly equal amount of time.

I am going to end up having solid objects hurled at me one way or the other so I might as well choose singing. Honestly, it wouldn’t go over too well in the area that I grew in if I miraculously became a soccer goalie even though I live far away. People really don’t like soccer in the rural South past elementary school. I might as well become a multi-millionaire hacky-sack player or post pictures of myself in pink velvet dresses on Facebook. Not that I care what other people think, but there are practical and lifestyle concerns associated with this choice and choosing being the singer wins on every single item on the checklist to me.

Football-soccer goaltender, of course. Retire when still young. I’d hate to be one of those cobweb encrusted, old singers who try to make comebacks all the time so that people can remember their names. And Maradona is the exception, and he wasn’t a goalie anyway.

Goalkeeper. I have heard several famous musicians say their lives are full of headaches due to all the responsibilities and say they wish they hadn’t made it big. I’d assume a professional athlete has less stress, but I really don’t know.

Singer. Soccer bores the piss out of me.