You know it's been one of those weeks when...

…you email yourself from client’s office to remind you of something you need to do, but leave the subject line and message blank.

< what the hell was I emailing myself for? >

…it’s Wednesday and you think it’s Thursday, it’s Thursday and you think it’s Friday. Friday you end up not making it to the bank because another company spent an hour fucking around when we could have had a project done an before quitting time.

…you are talking badly about someone only to realize they are within ear shot.

…you stay up most of the night drinking and feel like shit at work all day.

Thank God this week is over!

Today’s only Thursday.

It’s also bad when you call everybody by a different name all day.

One day when I forgot to insert my brain, I took off for my lunch and left both safes open and the keys to all the money drawers on the counter. Oh, and “luckily”, my manager DID discover it.

Stupid, stupid, stupid…

That was a well-plotted piece of non-claptrap that never made me want to retch.

I don’t understand this behaviour. I am a perfect human, and such events never happen to me. Every day, all things that are meant to be done proceed entirely to plan and never go awry.

That is, until I wake up.

The Legend Of PigeonMan

• Shadow of the Pigeon -
    Weirdo of the Night

Kick back and soak up some sunshine today techchick and forget all about it. (The sun is shining here today. If it’s sunny in Seattle the odds are it’s sunny everywhere else.)

My week was different – it started out with all the usual interruptions and distractions that conspire together to keep me from getting any useful work done. Then a strange thing happened. On Wednesday my immediate boss left on a trip to NY. I got a lot done that day. Thursday the other manager whose office is right in front of my cubicle and who conducts all his business on speakerphone went to Alabama. Another productive day. Friday my second-level supervisor took the day off and my cubicle neighbor was gone. I made more progress on Friday then I’d been able to do in the previous two weeks. I’ll have a nice little start for our demo to show the boss when he gets back. I’m thinking of having it open with a splashscreen that says, “See what gets done when you’re gone! Please go away again!” It’s possible that that wouldn’t be politic, however.

“I’ll tell him but I don’t think he’ll be very keen. He’s already got one, you see!”

Pluto – wish I had been up for the sunshine today. I was up almost all night chatting on line.

Nope, not much of a life, but after my week it was just what I needed. Time to zone out and BS about nothing in particular :slight_smile:

Next week has to be better, right?

It’s okay, as they say, it could always be worse :slight_smile:

“Cheer up,” they said, “it could always get worse.”

So, I cheered up, an do you know what? They were right!
Things got worse.

Yeah, but you fixed my computer! Thank you!!! Thank you soooooo much! : :patting you on the back::

Feel VERY good about yourself. You are awesome Techie!!!

Just make yourself comfy while I shoot nuclear particles into your heart.
(Courtesy of Wally)

ah Gee Demo, you make me feel better! I am so glad I could help you :smiley:

Tom–yeah, I am hoping next week isn’t worse than last.

< tech, feels a little funky today.

…you wake up at 5:30am for no reason and you don’t feel tired after that.

…you actually do something on time. :smiley:

…you finally get a job interview. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

…you notice you’re posts are a day in the future :confused:

Louie: young guy, possibly a bit green, but smart as paint. - Greg Charles

You’ve learned to deal three new games in the space of a week and your pit boss asks you, “How’d you learn all the games so fast?”

Sorry, just thought I’d take advantage of an opportunity to brag a bit.

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no substitute for a good blaster at your side.” — Han Solo