You know their name, but don't realize it.

Saw a movie recently where someone was called “kiddo” and it reminded me of Kill Bill. In part one, we know Uma Thurman’s character only as “The Bride.” Except in flashbacks, Bill calls her “kiddo”, which turns out to not be a term of endearment but her actual name. So can you think of other instances where the chacater’s name is hidden in plain view?

Lovey Howell from Gilligan’s Island.

That’s a good one. I didn’t realize that was her actual name until the internet came along.

Homer J. Simpson knew his middle initial but neither he nor the audience knew what it stood for until one episode revealed that he was, in fact, Homer Jay Simpson!

Similarly, in the TV show M.A.S.H. B.J. Hunnicut’s real names were revealed to be “Bea Jay”.

Now you mention it, I don’t think I knew that until Cecil Adams mentioned it.

His real name was B.J. He was named after his parents Bea and Jay.

Took me a couple of seasons before finding out ATHF’s Carl’s last name was Brutananandilewski.

I remember the flashback episode of Bonanza when Hoss was born. His mother Inga wanted to name him Eric after her father, and Ben wanted “Hoss” a mountain term for a nice, friendly person. Finally Ben said “We’ll name him both and see what name sticks.”

Since his mother died soon after that in an Indian attack, Hoss it was.

Aside from Winston Smith, there is exactly one character in Nineteen Eighty-Four whose full name is revealed to the reader - everyone else is referenced solely by surname or is the love interest, Julia.

Tom Parsons, Winston’s vapid neighbor

The narrator in Fight Club is a perfect example.

So some guy named Carl from something called ATHF.

The creator of Gilligan’s Island has said in interviews that her real name is Eunice “Lovey” Howell (née Wentworth). He also said Gilligan’s first name is Willie, so take it for what it’s worth.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

“A Friend” from the movie Disclosure.

There was a character named “Afrend”?

The only reason I know that refers to Aqua Teen Hunger Force is that I looked it up to when someone referenced the poster Frylock’s username.

I never watched the show, but I’m unclear how that fits the OP.

I haven’t been watching as much the last couple seasons, so I’m sure there have been some developments, or somebody will point out that my understanding is totally wrong but…
Doctor Who. After decades of playing keep away about what his real name is they have lately been hinting, and edging ever closer to canonizing that not only did the word “Doctor” become kind of a universal language constant meaning helper/healer because of the work he has done throughout time/space, but it is actually his real name.

“Rain Man” turned out to be Raymond.

“And what did you find, Junior?”
“Junior? Dad…”
“Please: what does it always mean, this, this ‘Junior’?”
“That’s his name! Henry . . . Jones . . . Junior!”
“I like ‘Indiana’.”
“We named the dog ‘Indiana’!”

Well, if we’re going to invoke comedy routines, there’s Murder by Death:

Dora Charleston: What’s your name?
Butler: Bensonmum.
Dora Charleston: Thank you, Benson.
Butler: No, no. Bensonmum- my name is Bensonmum.
Dick Charleston: Bensonmum?
Butler: Yes, sir. Jamessir Bensonmum.
Dick Charleston: Jamessir?
Butler: Yes, sir?
Dick Charleston: Jamessir Bensonmum?
Butler: (slightly annoyed) Yes, sir.
Dick Charleston: How odd.
Butler: My father’s name, sir.
Dick Charleston: What was your father’s name?
Butler: Howard. Howard Bensonmum.
Dick Charleston: Your father’s name was Howard Bensonmum?
Dora Charleston: Leave it alone Dickie, I’ve had enough.
And Airplane 2:

Witness : Striker was the squadron leader. He brought us in real low. But he couldn’t handle it.
Prosecutor : Buddy couldn’t handle it? Was Buddy one of your crew?
Witness : Right. Buddy was the bombardier. But it was Striker who couldn’t handle it, and he went to pieces.
Prosecutor : Andy went to pieces?
Witness : No. Andy was the navigator. He was all right. Buddy went to pieces. It was awful how he came unglued.
Prosecutor : Howie came unglued?
Witness : Oh, no. Howie was a rock, the best tailgunner in the outfit. Buddy came unglued.
Prosecutor : And he bailed out?
Witness : No. Andy hung tough. Buddy bailed out. How he survived, it was a miracle.
Prosecutor : Then Howie survived?
Witness : No, 'fraid not. We lost Howie the next day.