You know they are lying...

You may now consider yourself as having been quoted! :smiley:

Tomndeb: Have you got a baker yet? volunteers I knead the dough…

Myron: I thought “How YOU doin’” was a pick-up line (but then again maybe I’ve been watching too much Friends).

um… what was the OP again?

Feel free to answer honestly…

I have to disagree with the implication that “hows the fishing” usually gets answered with a lie. In my experience it is always answered truthful(at least to a fellow fisher), if not directly. If it is going well, the guy usually says something modest like “having some luck today” and pointing to a stringer full of 18 inch rainbows, and if its going badly then they tell you so, usually with a suggestion for where they think it might be better. Causual weekend fishing is one of those great pastimes, where nobody really does it to impress people so you can have a truthful and utterly pointless conversation for 30 minutes with a complete stranger. Personally I attribute the honesty of the sport to the fact that few women fish :slight_smile:

What about when you ask someone if they had a good time (particularly referring to a date). They won’t necessarily lie but they’ll always answer yes regardless of whether they did or not.

Same category or new genre?

He came as a Baker: but owned, when too late–
And it drove the poor Bellman half-mad–
He could only bake Bridecake–for which, I may state,
No materials were to be had.

here’s a hint. don’t ask your grandmaw “how are you doing?”
She 90 years old and feels like crap most of the time. Instead make a positive statement like “Beautiful day today isn’t it?” or “Did you see all the wonderful birds flying around outside?”
michael

here’s a hint. don’t ask your grandmaw “how are you doing?”
She 90 years old and feels like crap most of the time. Instead make a positive statement like “Beautiful day today isn’t it?” or “Did you see all the wonderful birds flying around outside?”
michael