You know what? I'm sad

That’s all. I’m just really sad. Crying all last night and most of today. It’s almost three and I haven’t even changed out of my pajammas. My BF is worried about me. But what am I supposed to tell him?
I don’t even know why I’m sad. Does anybody know why I’m sad? I’m interested in any theories the Teemings Millions have.
Fortunately I made it through the night. That’s always an accomplishment I’m proud of.

I have no theories, but I do have a hug, if that’ll help?

{{{{{{Pepperlandgirl}}}}}}

I don’t know why you’re sad, but I can reassure you with the fact that during the holidays I never change out of my pajamas anyway. Does that help?

It’s also very common for depression to manifest itself or become worse during the holidays. If this “sadness” doesn’t improve soon, please look into the depression angle.

{{{{{{{{pepperlandgirl}}}}}}}}

I can’t offer any advice, only hugs and well wishes. Feel better, kay?

I’ve got to agree with the depression thing, especially if you don’t know why you’re sad. It may just be stress, too. But if it lasts for more than a week, get it checked out.
In the meantime:
{{{{{{pepperlandgirl}}}}}}}}
And how about listening to a little “Hard Day’s Night”? Always cheers me up a little.

Maybe you’re sad because I had to get up in the morning and go to work, while you lounged around in your PJs all day?

:wink:

Hopefully, your relatives’ bad attitude about your boyfriend haven’t been getting to you again Pep.

Cheer up and snuggle with your man.

Girl - get dressed and go for a walk - right NOW!!!
Ummmm…well, take a shower or something first.

This is probably the post xmas slump - I get it myself. Get some quality rest, bathe, get some exercise, and eat a decent meal.

If you dont feel better - see a doctor.

It’ll be okay.

I’m sorry. {{{pepperlandgirl}}} I’m sure things will get better soon.

I hope it is just the holidays. I’ve been feeling pretty down since the beginning of December.
I scored very high in both depression tests, moderate to severe, actually. But, as Una could attest to, I’m terrified of doctors, and avoid going to them at all costs.

And thank you everybody for your words and cyberhugs. They did make me feel a bit better. :slight_smile:

well, in that case, time for your next round of medication <g>

{{{plg}}}

(and there’s nothing wrong with sitting around in pjs all day when it is holidays…it makes it feel even more holidayish & lazy)

Okay, hope this doesn’t come out the wrong way and sound horribly insensitive, but is your period due?
Seriously, my depressive tendencies and my OCD go into overdrive around that time of the month.

I remember hearling a lot about Christmass Depression last year around this time. The theory is that, because of the general lack of sunshine at this time of the year (what with the solstice and all) people naturally get depressed. Sort of a circle of emotions. You also might want to check out your Biorythems (big believer in that, but i’m also into Handwriteing, so…) there’s several sights who will do yours free on the net.

All i can say is it will pass and things will get better, for what it’s worth. Happens to the best of us
Upham

Upham’s right, you might have SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). The lack of sunshine around this time of year can trigger varied degrees of depression in some people. (I think everyone has it really, just some people are more prone to be more noticibly affected by it than others.)

Try taking St. John’s Wort daily during the winter months, expose yourself to sunlight in the morning–when you first wake up, and get exercise. I have SAD and have found some of these things to work pretty well.

Good luck.

Would SAD affect me in CA when it apparently didn’t bother me while living in Utah?
Either way though, it’s an interesting theory.

TMI ALERT!!! DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU DON’T WANT TO KNOW!!!
Guinastasia I haven’t had my period in uh…over a year. So it could be because of it, but it’s doubtful. And no, I don’t know why I haven’t had it in over a year. I do know I’m not preggers. But like I said earlier, I don’t want to go to the doctor.

Hugs… Sorry, hope if goes away and you become happy soon, however long that may take.

'Luck to ya, PLG. Hopefully, the boyfriend will realize it has nothing to do with him and you can get some strength from his support. Try to do something mindlessly fun with him perhaps like a simple movie? Regardless, get well soon.

Am sorry, pepper :frowning: I hope things get better for you soon…

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{PLG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} <-- really big hug

I hope you feel better soon. It does get better, although I know that’s hard to believe right now.

Robin