You made me care, you bitch... I mean bastard!

This is a rant late in coming, but it’s still bugging me.

I’m not a big follower of the various lotteries in our state. I don’t play the games, and I don’t really keep track of who wins. But when the jackpot is $93 million, it’s pretty big news. And last Monday, a winner came forth named Hillary Walls. Though her winning had not yet been confirmed by lottery officials, they were “reasonably certain” that she was the winner. She was interviewed on the local Fox News channel that night. She talked about her past, that she had recently been living on the streets and spending time in homeless shelters. She talked about buying a car (a Hummer, I think) with her winnings, and giving much of it to the charities who had supported her in her time of need.

I thought to myself, Damn, if anyone deserves to win the lottery, she does. Good for her. I’m happy for her. My wife mentioned, “She looks like a guy.” While I had to admit she was right, I didn’t think much about it at the time.

The next night, the same local news station reported that Hillary Walls is a fraud. An older retired couple were the real winners, and “Hillary Walls” was indeed actually a man, and wanted for multiple counts of theft, forgery, and fraud. Son of a bitch.

You jerk. You made me happy for you with your lies. Did you really think you wouldn’t be found out? Did you think they’d give you the money because you said you won? You went on television, you stupid ass. Of course you were going to be found out.

In a wonderful twist, the police were able to track him down because of his TV appearance. So, despite Q13’s jumping the gun and misreporting a story, they did a good thing and helped a criminal get caught. Good for them.

I’m glad you got caught. I’m glad your arrogance and lies were finally your undoing. I’m glad that, for once, justice will be done.

You stupid son of a bitch. You deserve everything you’re going to get. Enjoy prison.

Selfish opprtunism, particularly among the amoral and immoral, seems to me to be the hallmark of our society these days. From relatively small things like parking in the handicapped spot “bccause I’ll only be a minute” to stealing someone else’s spotlight and making a mockery of the whole process, like the person you have described, this seems to be the way people try to get a leg up on the system these days. It pisses me off and makes me hate the entire human race, in spite of the fact that I know that the bastards who do these sorts of things are still the minority. We can only hope that the Hillary Wallses of the world get severely punished for their behaviour in this lifetime and that there is a special place in Hades for them as well.

“Heart warming under false pretenses”? That’s a new one.

Dude, how could you not know she was a lying fraud? Hillary, for God’s sake! :wink:

If there’s a history of fraud, it’s more likely that Walls expected to benefit from people extending credit based on their belief that they were dealing with someone who would be unreasonably wealthy in short order-- It’s a scam that has been worked many, many times.

I saw Q13’s report of the “win” last night, and was glad for her. The shots of pennies being rolled for groceries and her shitbox vehicle certainly tugged at the heartstrings.

Ah, well, I hope that the old folks who are the actual winners have philanthropic leanings which come close to Hillary’s avowed charitability.

Actually this guy/gal has been running this scam for a while, claiming to have won the lottery and trying to get dealerships and others to extend credit. This wasn’t his first attempt at this, and Q13 showed what a bunch of jackasses they are by buying his story without confirming it first.