You want my address from when? The hell?

Well, this would be extra income so if it gets to be too horrifying then I can quit and not look back.

So I called the guy back and yeah, they want to run a background check in every state where I’ve ever lived. Which, if that’s the goal they didn’t do a very good job with the initial data collection method because I have two other states in my non-checkered past that they missed.

I told him I didn’t remember the addresses from way back then. The guy said he’d start the check based on what they had and hoped it was enough, but he sounded kind of dubious. I’m not exactly expecting to hear back.

For a part-time job at a gas station.

I say call his bluff, Otto.

Say “5920 Grand River Detroit,” and “1060 West Addison, Chicago.”

Who is whining? We all admit they are a pain in the ass, but I don’t see any whining really.

And there is a fine line between being ridiculous and being thorough. asking me the name of a person I knew when I was fuckin’ 18 and only worked part time for delivering pizzas is ridiculous.

I worked in a self service gas station a few decades ago. I was getting gas, asked the person in the booth if they were hiring. Turns out she was the manager. She asked when I could start and gave me my first two weeks schedule. Took maybe 15 minutes, including pumping and paying. Times have sure changed!

Otto I worked at a gas station for a summer back around 1996 and the hiring process was unbelievable! They wanted the same ridiculous amount of background information, wanted me to take a 5 page “personality” test, it was more work than getting my Secret clearance in the Navy!

Ah, but then you had the opportunity for entries like:

“Suzie Derkins. Stole my lunch money in 1st grade.”
“Willie Walker. Sat next to him in band in 7th grade. He could burp the entire alphabet.

Olympia stadium was demolished, but the U.S. National Guard’s Olympia Armory was built on the old site.
If you can’t trust a soldier to guard gas, who can you trust? :smiley:

Heh. I had to do something similar (though not as in-depth) for my NASD certification. They wanted my past ten years of employment and education. Since I was only 21 at the the time, the list included the elementary school that I went to. I got a kick out of that. Of course, I made the rest of the office feel old, but that’s all in good fun.

I can remember some of the places I parked my car ten years ago, but not all of them.