Your current first-world problems

The watermelon fruit jelly candy I bought at the Japanese supermarket today don’t taste one bit like watermelon. Ick.

We don’t have racoons, and will only leave food out for an hour or so. I suspect a racoon would find it very quickly. I know a bear would. We would not put food out at the beginning of their hibernation, or when they rise in the spring.

We do keep household trash in the shed. I’ve had to replace that door twice (I use oak now). What I will do is smash moth balls around the door and steps to the shed to dissuade them. Seems to work if anyone needs a tip.

In 2018, I bought a wonderful trip for 4 for a week in resort . In, you guessed it South Africa.

I’m traveling for work this week, as I mentioned in my last post. I decided to be a good corporate drone and book the cheaper hotel. I don’t know why… the company would have paid for someplace nicer. The place I’m staying is fine, but there are a few minor annoyance. The curtains won’t quite close all the way, so there was always this little gap letting in light from the street lights in the parking lot, until I remembered I had a safety pin in my sewing kit and pinned them together. And the coffee maker in my room didn’t work, so I had to go down to the lobby to get coffee (they say they’re going to replace it today). But I also noticed that whoever restocked the coffee in my room only left decaf, so now I’m going to have to ask for some regular coffee. And the TV was always tuned to Fox News whenever I turned it on, until I figured out how to change the default power on channel.

Okay, my newest one is, do I want to go to an upscale lounge in the city on a Thursday night when I know I’ll be out until 11 or 12 with the following workday to deal with?

“Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen; nobody knows the sorrow.” :cry:

I always had a few bulldog binder clips in my travel kit. Perfect for this task.

My hangover mantra: I will feel better and better as the day goes on, unlike my peers.

I like your outlook on things! LOL

Sometimes when I place my phone in the wireless charging cradle it makes an acknowledging tone. Sometimes it doesn’t. To live with such uncertainty is taking it out of me.

Our “winter holiday refrigerator” is the garage. Stays in the upper 30s most of the winter; great for thawing turkeys, leftover storage when the fridge is too damned full, temporary cooling (got this creme de minth brownie recipe that has 3 layers and you have to cool the damned thing down between layers…)

Yes, yes you do.

i don’t use the store delivery service i just use instacart these days and I pay 9.99 a month for their VIP program … with 2 trips I’ve made the 9.95 back and I’m told that you can shop at Costco and sams club with out membership through them

After reading this, I actually went out last night, too. You’re obviously a bad influence on me. :smiling_imp:

We recently re-did our kitchen and finally got the large, deep stainless steel sink my wife wanted. But it was designed with no drainage - the bottom is perfectly flat so I have to use the sprayer gun to move everything to the drain. This is compounded by the (removable) grate that sits over the bottom of the sink, which is an excellent trap for bits of lettuce or other detritus that you want to get into the disposal. It is very annoying.

I like a flat-bottomed sink. It’s better for stacking the dirty dishes in. :wink:

So what you’re saying is the flat bottomed sink does not make the washing crud go down?

Freddy gives this post two thumbs up!

Thank you for that suggestion. I borrowed a few binder clips from the office; they worked perfectly for holding the curtains closed.

My taskbar is twice as high as it used to be, and it won’t retract no matter what settings I make. And then it will retract normally for a while only to return to the stuck state. Why me, oh lord?

It is once again time for forced office holiday cheer. I will be required to change my work schedule in a couple of weeks to come into the office on a day I normally would not so we can have a holiday gift swap and get a boxed lunch.

I know for a fact that two of my co-workers are plague rats and I am not excited by having to spend an hour in the same room with them (though we will be allowed to go back to our offices to eat lunch on our own after the gift swap if we wish).

There is no other reason for me to have to come into the office that day, and I do not want to do this.

WAH! Is me.

You go to your room RIGHT NOW and think about what you’ve done!!

(That was brilliant, by the way.)