Your current first-world problems

Well, the big one right now is, do I eat my banana and yogurt for lunch, or do I get a tuna sub via my boss going out and picking it up? Damn the pressure! :smiling_imp:

My work lunch room has 2 almost identical microwaves; there’s only a slight difference in the buttons. One of them needs to have “time cook” pushed before entering the numbers, with the other you just push the number buttons directly. I almost always get them confused, mess up my oven programing, and have to re-try entering the time to heat up my lunch.

Also, I have 3 old smart phones sitting on my desk, and will soon have a 4th. My work keeps sending me a new one every couple years. Because I don’t know how to wipe the data off properly or remove apple ID numbers and so forth, I’m paranoid to sell them. And even if I did, hardly anyone seems to want a 4 year old phone and it would probably cost me more in time advertising and haggling than I could sell them for. Same goes for laptops; I have 3 or 4 of those as well. I’m more old school and use something until it doesn’t work properly anymore. By the time that happens, 99% of the re-sale value has disappeared and the batteries are all shot.

I get a reimbursement by check for health care costs. That’s great.

BUT don’t send a check that will not fit in any standard sized wallet. I have to fold these things twice. There is nothing on the check that can’t be printed on the standard size of, you know, money or personal checks that a person will put in their wallet.

They are wasting my time, the banks time and paper. Why?

Our local synagogue hosted a “hot New York pastrami sandwich” event here in our deli-less small town. You placed your order online with them, then went and picked up your sandwich to take home.

My gosh, I had forgotten how good a pastrami on corn rye with mustard tasted. I used to get them in Los Angeles when I worked there forty years ago, but hadn’t really had a good once since. My husband wolfed his down, too.

The problem: they only do this once a year. I have to wait a year for another good pastrami on rye.

Your current first-world problem can be solved with a banking app. Not that I get many checks, but when I do, open the app, deposit check, trash check. My first-world problem is sometimes it rejects the photos of the check and I have to redo. :slight_smile:

My trick is to go over by the lettuce where they spray mist to keep the produce damp, and get some water on my fingertips.

Yeah, thanks. But I still need to pick up the check at the post office which is 30 minutes away…

I have an email into TPTB. I know there is a way to just direct deposit.

I do similar, the grocery store puts out crushed ice to make the asparagus more appealing. They stand the pencil thin bunches up in the crushed ice.

Why don’t you just lick your fingertips like the rest of us?

I kid! :rofl:

Growing up, one of the homes I lived in had a “breezeway” between the semidetached garage and the house… sealed off with louvered window (jalousie windows). It made for a very good walk in fridge or freezer depending on the temperature.

I Feel you pain… I moved from St Louis/Clayton area to Springfield IL… not ONE fudging decent deli around…
I miss Posh Nosh.

I went with the yogurt and banana. I know many of you have been dying of curiosity. :upside_down_face:

I’m guessing that a visit to the Apple Store would get those cleaned off for free. If they are not worth selling, women’s shelters can give them to clients in distress. They can still call emergency services with no cell plan attached.

I’ve figured out if you take the top of the bag between your hands and rub your hands together, you can sometimes get the bag to pull open.

I SPIT on my fingertips, with appropriate sound effects, hawking, etc…and I wait until another shopper is nearby. Kidding? Why can’t the bags be manufactured to separate without dramatics?

Dan

When wearing a mask at the grocery I go to on a regular basis I’d see the produce manager, who I knew, and loudly call “Sir, can you come over and lick my fingers so I can get this bag open”. Of course he knew I was teasing and would respond with something like “sorry, I’m dry right now”.

Good times.

I have ever dry skin and super dry hands. Those bags are the worst. My solution is to skip the produce section entirely…my wife doesn’t agree though :wink:

I’d call the British variant a tete-a-tete.

Yep! I do the same thing. If there isn’t a wet spot on the produce shelves, I use a little bit of hand sanitizer that I keep in my purse.

And of the ones out there, for some reason very few of them use HDMI - they all seem to want DisplayPort - or hell, VGA.

The concept of a KVM is not especially new, and I keep seeing articles about how they’re an outdated concept - but a LOT of people have similar issues with needing to have multiple computers handy.

I use the mechanical keyboard connected directly to the client laptop, and a separate wireless keyboard for the other laptop (issued by my employer). I don’t have a keyboard connected to the “desktop” (a small box); if I need to use it, I can plug the mechanical one into the desktop’s USB hub. If I’m going to be doing a lot of work on my employer’s laptop, I’ll plug the mechanical keyboard into ITS hub - that’s what I’m typing on right now. It’s surprisingly satisfying and I think my typing is better / faster / more accurate.