Your Easter Dinner

Trader Joe’s brand spiral-sliced ham, with sour cream/mustard/horseradish sauce
Home-fried potatoes (thick slices cooked golden brown, added onions)
String beans from farmer’s market
Talenti salted caramel gelato for dessert

Eaten in front of the TV while we binge-watched WKRP In Cincinnati.

Dandelion salad and a bunch of irrelevant stuff (specifically, ham, scalloped potatoes, and broccoli casserole).

We didn’t make enough dandelion salad, though, as there was none left over.

Went out for Mexican food. Nice meal, not too crowded.

We did Easter brunch.

Corned beef hash
Bacon
Scrambled eggs
Maple biscuits
Pancakes
Asparagus with cheese sauce
Fruit salad
Garden salad

Ham, au gratin potatoes, bacon and beans and cheesecake. Slight hijack… the bacon and beans aren’t like pork and beans. They are green beans in a white sauce with bacon. I can’t find a recipe for them anywhere so I’m wondering if its something my mom just made up. You fry some bacon and remove it from the pan, leave about 2 tablespoons of bacon grease. Make a roux with flour, then add two cans of green beans along with one can of the water the beans are packed in. Heat the beans through while the sauce thickens. Add the bacon and serve. This has been a favorite since I was little. It has to be canned green beans–I tried with fresh and frozen and its just not the same. Anyone ever hear of this?

Never heard of it, but now I want to try it.

Prime rib. Wild rice with apricots and pecans. Sauteed green beans. Caprisi salad. Sam Adams Boston lager.

Best of all: Mom’s kapusta and Auntie’s lemon bars and cherry bars.

I went to Disneyland on Easter, so for Easter Brunch I treated myself to margaritas and taquitos from the Mexican place in Downtown Disney.

Once I got home, I made a pork tenderloin roast, steamed asparagus and steamed red potatoes for dinner. The leftover pork was turned into pork green chile enchiladas the next day.

We finished the hollow chocolate Easter bunny last night.