Your favorite contradictory (or other interesting) business signs

My favorite sign was at the U.S. Mission in Geneva, next to the Marine guard post at the garage entry:

ID BADGE REQUIRED
TO BE VISIBLE
ON THE PREMISES

I took mine off and asked the duty Marine if he could still see me. He didn’t get it.

If we took the bones out, it wouldn’t be crunchy now, would it?

Semi-boneless: We took out all the big obvious ones and left the small sharp chips in there for you to find. Bone Appétit! :slight_smile:

I know of a church with this sign at the entrance to their driveway:

Unitarian Universalist Church
Member Parking Only

“Sorry, this content isn’t available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you’re not in.”

:frowning:

Ah, Wisconsin, where the taverns outnumber the churches (as the Good Lord intended).

A bunch of us used to meet at a Legitimately Irish Pub for a great happy hour (Irish whiskies and Wisconsin micro-brews: Half Off).
We were finishing up our critique of everything and decided to order another pitcher. “If you wait ten minutes, we’ll be back on Happy Hour.” "Back on Happy Hour?" “Aye-ya, ours is 3 to 6 and 9 to midnight.”

We told him his sign should read **
Happy Most-Of-The-Evening.**

Just Bagels —a solidly established bagel joint in the Bronx, their ad logo, painted everywhere, is Bagels ain’t bagels unless they’re Just Bagels. Around the back of their store for awhile in the 1990s they’d apparently decided to expand operations, insofar as they had, painted on their brickwork, the information that “Just Bagels isn’t just bagels any more!”

:confused:

I always liked the slogan for a certain discount brand store of ‘always up to 60% off’. I found something there that, according to the label, was 75% off the original price. It was tempting to go and complain.

Our local supermarket has an Everyday Price on their bananas which seems to change every week.

I’ve seen a sign (in English) on a shop door in Turkey saying “Sorry, we are open”. What to make of that?

Baker’s dozen? Then it’s only off by one cent, which could be a labor charge for counting out 13 friggin’ donut holes.

I remember seeing something like “buy 1 hot dog at double price, get one free!” Obvious joke, but in an actual coupon format.

Not as bad as “people who switched saved $X” or similar. People who won’t pay less don’t switch!

The mediocre AYCE sushi model is just to get slower in service to gauge the customer’s ability to finish it all. It’s also all you can eat, not order, and they will charge you a takeout fee if you don’t finish “all of it.” Which is itself not true, as you can get away with leaving some waste, just not an excessive amount.

A nice fridge on “clearance” at Lowes. Not in the fridge section…out in one of the isles near the door. I think it might even had a ding on the side or top. Marked down to only something like $995/$999. What a steal!

Original price?

Something like a $1007.

I’ve seen the same sign in businesses in the U.S. I think they’re just trying to be whimsical, to bring a smile to the customer’s face. Like a reversal on the typical “Sorry, we’re closed” sign.

Break pads
For rent
Jewelry store
The misprint
Freakin’ nails
Hot wings

"If you believe you received this message in error . . . " No, I intended to get intercept.

I always liked “Save up to 50% and more”. How much more? Why not pitch the higher savings?

Not in the spirit of the OP, but this Planet Fitness juxtaposition is funny.

A while back I read an amusing book about 2 guys who thought they would improve the world by driving across America and correcting spelling and grammar in signs they encountered. They ran afoul of the feds when they corrected some landmarked signs at the Grand Canyon.

I have nothing specific to offer other than to observe that I’ve never found advertisements for “All you care to eat” all that appetizing.

I think if you’re signed in on your own FB account it will show it (somebody please confirm or refute this). I had intended to use Photobucket but that was totally FUBAR last night and wouldn’t let anyone post.

I’m signed in and I can’t see it.