Your favorite Jeff Bridges movies

Yeah. That’s about what I was going to say.

Nadine.

Tron.

I seem to be the only person on the planet who does not hate the 1976 version of King Kong.

I agree, his True Grit was worlds better than the original.

Part of that is just the general improvement in moviemaking in 40 years.

A bigger part is that Bridges is just a much better actor than Wayne.

:cool:Great minds think alike:D

a ton of good ones but I really like Starman, he was so excellent in that.

Not a Jeff Bridges fan…though he is still preferable to Beau.

The Yin and the Yang of Mr. Go (1970)
“Introducing Jeffrey Bridges” - his first billed role in a feature film. While his performance may be bad, the film is godwaful and best avoided.

Fat City (1972)
A story of losers who box. Stacy Keach is excellent as the vet, Bridges is okay as the newbie. Susan Tyrell is her usual obnoxious self and her scenes with Keach will test your endurance for drunken whininess. Still, some good bits and an awesome last line in this John Huston directed flick (his revenge on Stockton, California?)

The Iceman Cometh (1973)
Nearly four hours of losers in a bar having their dreams crushed. I’ve only read it. If this version is anything like the play, don’t say you weren’t warned.

Stay Hungry (1976)
Haven’t seen this in decades, but I recall it being okay.

Winter Kills (1979)
An all-star cast runs through JFK-like assassination theories. Uneven, but at times brilliant black comedy.

Tideland (2005)
This was terrible and obnoxious, with a little girl doing irritating voices for far too long. Nothing much happens in it very slowly. Bridges does some of his finest acting as a corpse.

I thought it was pretty good.

I also don’t like Big Lakowski or whatever it’s called, so there’s that.

TRON was on just a couple days ago.
It has held up surprisingly well in my opinion, :wink: Much better than than the drecky sequel even today.

“Hell or High Water” is excellent, and he was excellent in it.

And Matt Damon is a much better actor than Glen Campbell and Hailee Steinfeld is a much better actress than Kim Darby.

Robert Duvall is better than Barry Pepper though.

Funny, I just watched Jagged Edge last night.

Anyway, of course TBL but after that I’ll say Door in the Floor and Fabulous Baker Boys. Blown Away is not bad either.

I’ll second The Last Picture Show and (despite his overacting in parts) The Fisher King, and add one not yet mentioned: Arlington Road. Some have criticized it as a formulaic, suspicious-neighbors thriller, but I loved it, and Jeff is good in it.

All true. But we were talking about Bridges…:dubious:

Just finished watching it. I love the scene where he gets his first taste of dutch apple pie. Later he asks for it at a diner but has to settle for cherry cobbler instead–he is clearly disappointed.

:eek:

But- but- Beau was in Greased Lightning!

I’ve never really given it too much thought before but, seeing as “The Movie-Going Public” wouldn’t really put him on a top leading-man list, he has a heck of a back catalogue doesn’t he? I guess that he’s never been in fashion so has never gone out of fashion.

I watched “True Grit” again just the other night. I happened to just change the channel, it was on and I felt it necessary to continue watching. Possibly my favourite alongside The Big Lebowski.

I like “Arlington Road.” For some reason “8 Million Ways to Die” was one of the few VHS tapes we owned when I was a kid. So I have a soft spot for that one, too.

Iron Man! It kind of hurts that I only recently realized that he and Kurt Russell are, in fact, two different people.

And The Incident!

One of Ed McMahon’s finest moments! YES!