Your favorite Jeff Bridges movies

Jeff Bridges has been my favorite actor since I saw Thunderbolt and Lightfoot in '74. I’d already seen him in Last Picture Show and Bad Company, but T&LF made me sit up and notice how very good an actor he was. I’ll watch just about anything he’s in (except for the execrable King Kong remake).

Favorites:
Starman (he should have gotten the Oscar)
Lebowski
Fisher King
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

and Rancho Deluxe which hasn’t aged well but has always been a favorite for the interplay between Bridges and Sam Waterston.

There’s a surprisingly OK gymnastics movied called Stick It! with him as the coach. I always watch it when I see it on TV.

Oh yeah, fairly decent JB movie. Not in my top 5 but in there somewhere.

The Big Lebowksi, hands down. It’s also my favorite Coen Bros. movie. Sheer genius.

He was also very good in True Grit (he said in an interview that he imagined Rooster Cogburn might’ve been The Dude’s great-grandfather!), Tron, The Door in the Floor (playing a grieving dad, in a movie based on just a small part of the very good John Irving novel A Widow for One Year) and The Fabulous Baker Boys (terrific chemistry with Michelle Pfeiffer). The King Kong remake, which I saw again not long ago for the first time since it originally came out, is good cheesy Seventies fun, and he’s good in it.

I like Jeff Bridges, Terry Gilliam and Robin Williams, but I have to say, The Fisher King left me cold.

Looking over his IMDb list, I’m a little surprised at how few of his movies I’ve seen. He’s been in a lot.

A great film that has slipped through the cracks, though I don’t know why.

Tron, The Big Lebowski and… Tron.

Yeah, but what about the movie where his character actually goes into a computer and has all sorts of adventures? It had some pretty cool sfx for its day, as I remember.

Better smile when you say that, Pilgrim! :smiley:

No, just kidding. I haven’t seen Bridges’ True Grit, but there’s no doubt he’s a brilliant actor.