Your sartorial pet peeves?

Anything fake. This includes clip on ties, corfam shoes, imaginary pockets and permanent press slacks. I even saw fake pocket squares glued to a hunk of cardboard once! I don’t even like non-functional sleeve buttons on suit jackets.

And for the love of God, can baseball caps just go away!? Especially the plastic, see through “trucker” kind. You can get a nice flat cap for the same price or a real felt hat for twice the price (which is still quite cheap). And it will last forever, look good, actually protect you from the sun and rain, keep your head warm, and not make everywhere you go look like your trailer park.

Also, one word: Polyester. The devil’s fabric.

Neckties. Period.

I get annoyed when my wife asks “why are you wearing that”. The answer is and will always be “It’s comfortable”.

Then she finally gets to the point and says “Don’t wear that, please wear this”.

Well, I do sometimes. But how about that shirt pocket on pajamas? What the heck is that for?

How about the ever-popular “Is that what you’re wearing?”
My peeve is shoes lighter than your outfit, particularly women’s shoes lighter than their leg covering.

Big clunky booties or “shooties” (cringe) with tiny peeptoes.

I hate to see guys wearing pants so long that they’re bunched around the shoe. I know off the rack clothing doesn’t always fit just right, but for a few bucks you could have them hemmed.

Used Kleenex.

I thought that’s what the trash was for.

Those men’s suits—with the wide opening such that the uppermost button (usually one of only two provided) is nearly down to your navel and no overlap, and the lapels are folded back with contrasty shiny material showing there. They’re all that there is, practically; and that makes them “not clothing”, they’re just a uniform. Can’t someone in fashion invent something else dressy for malebodied people to wear that doesn’t look like that?

Sleeveless “shells” to wear under blazers. Yes, I am a woman, but I am also human. I sweat. I cannot effing wear a sleeveless top under an effing blazer that has to be drycleaned. I am not that rich. TRY AGAIN.

No, antiperspirant doesn’t solve the problem.

I have no tolerance for an uneven hemline, whether on a dress, skirt, or slacks. Drives me mad.

Wait, you’re supposed to clean them? But why? They were clean when I bought them…

Wash them. In the laundry.

Sure, if you want to get up in the middle of the night to put used Kleenex in the trash instead of stuffing them into your pajamas pocket till the morning.

This is what the floor is for. Better yet, a wastepaper basket beside the bed.

That nasty, dirty little style of men’s clothes being too small, like they are not-quite_little boys just outgrowing their little boys clothes. It was ugly enough on women, do you really think making the Pro-Pedo look gender non specific makes it better?

::Shudder:

I think it’s a European thing, and perfectly acceptable.

I hate it.

I think it’s a “break”. Watch several movies with Gregory Peck and come back.

[And get a suit jacket that actually closes while you’re at it.]

It’s useful for a Cross pen & pencil set. And if you need one, you can clip a photo ID badge to it.

I have one long coat that’s actually a women’s coat. I love it to bits, beautiful black wool and cut like a frock coat with a scarlet silk lining. The only problem is that there are no inside pockets, and the outer pockets are just vestigial flaps. How do women stand it?

Women carry purses.