Your Silly Nicknames For Faomus People, TV Shows, Etc.

Actor Tchéy Karyo is “Skullzes” around my house—a reference to a joke made about his character in Addicted to Love.

And I can never remember Jason “Transporter” Statham’s name, so I just think of him as “Handsome Rob.” :smiley:

I’ve always referred to Jurassic Park as “Yer Ass Is Parked.” Chuckle, chuckle.

My BIL dubbed Crocodile Dundee “Hock a Pile Dundee,” leading me to call the sequel “Hock a Pile Twice.”

My sister and I used to refer to president Reagan as “Big Ron,” though I can’t remember the reason for this. Maybe it had something to do with his tough guy attitude during the air traffic controller strike.

My friends and I used to refer to Keanu Reeves as “Canoe”. We’d giggle like schoolgirls whenever we said it. Funny, it wasn’t that we were big fans, it was just one of those “inside joke” things, I guess.

There’s a local restaurant, The Five Sisters Bar and Grill (in fact, it’s just a five minute walk from my house). Three guess as to what the local nickname was, and the first two don’t count.

Ah yes, to my fiance and me, he is Ka-noo-noo. Whoa…

My friends and I call him “Mr. Pecs-n’-shoulders.”

Thanks to the Simpson’s Cute Tree House Of Horror let’s-mess-with-our-names thing, Hank Azaria will forever be known to me as “Yank My Area”.

Thanks to the Diva Wars on the Madonna boards, we refer to Madonna’s Top 40 rivals (or former rivals, in some cases) as T!tney, Sh!tney, Whoriah Scarey and J-Ho. Madonna is called “MoMo” by those in the know.

I’m sure I’ll think of more later.

I sorely miss Pat Buchanan in this year’s presidential campaign. Last time around, hardly a day went by when I didn’t refer to him as “Bat Puke Cannon”.

Just at random:

**Beauty and Her Bust
Little PC on the Prairie
MUS*H
ER (pronounced “er”)
The Walnuts (The Waltons)
etc.

And in my family, he’s often referred to as “New Reeves” after my mom puzzled over the pronunciation.

Turning to baseball: the Texas Rangers’ first baseman is named Mark Texeira. Granted that it’s pronounced “Tuh-share-uh,” but when you play for Texas and your last name starts with “Tex,” how can Tex not be your nickname? I think “Tex Texeira” has a really great ring to it. Maybe the ESPN folks can’t make up nicknames that aren’t pop culture references. :stuck_out_tongue:

My dad always called The Jeffersons The Black Bickersons (of course, I didn’t get the reference when I was young because at that time, I’d never heard of The Bickersons). Apparently, though, these two shows had some similarities.

I’ve been known to refer to The Flintstones as The Cartoon Honeymooners.

Scott Bacula* as Captain Jonathon Archer in Star Trek: Enterprise will always be Quantum to me. I can’t even remember where I first saw/heard it, but it fits so perfectly. Because of that other show, you see.

*I didn’t know he was an undead brother!

My husband and I always call the movie Jerry McGuire “Eddie McGuire”. We think its cute for some reason. We have others but I can’t think of them right now.

And T’Pol has been called from ep 1 “T’Its”

Cheers,
Vega

That’s funny, my friend always says that the Mexican title for Jurassic Park should be “Su Cola Estacionario.”

they call him that at Television Without Pity
I’ve always called Bill Pulman as “LoneStar” because i first saw him in SpaceBalls

Slight aside:

Radio Shack = “Shit Shack”

Taco Bell = “Taco Smell” or “Taco Hell”

Keanu Reeves seems to be quite a popular target. I’ve called him “Piano Keys” for as long as I can remember.

My father calls the governor of California “Arnold Sweatenswocker.”

In Texas we have a popular hamburger place called Fuddrucker’s, which of course nobody calls by its real name. :smiley:

I call Sting, “Stink.”

::Runs to get Poonther, who was born for a thread like this…::

Among others…

Old Bainbridge Road in Tallahassee called, “Old Braindamage”
The Tallahassee Democrap… I don’t even see the typo anymore.

“ER” is simply pronounced, “er,” not “eee are.”
“Magnum P.I.” is pronounced, “magnumpi.”

Poonther calls Julia Roberts, “Bucky” Roberts because, evidently, she has a bit of an overbite. Really, he’s great at re-naming things. I can’t think of a single one, although I call almost nothing by its real name…