Your user names!

Just to be funny.

Song by Mr. Bungle, that I always liked the sound of.

Lucky Charms. (Duh, I think… but then again, maybe none of you has eaten any sugary cereal in a few decades and need a primer.)

Specifically, back when I was a freshman in college, I saw one of those stupid little “personality tests” that was based on your favorite Lucky Charm marshmallow. Since I’d always liked the horseshoes best, being a typically horse-obsessed little girl, and since I fancied myself as being like the personality described in the text (don’t even remember what that was, now) I used the word when I was signing up for a free online email account, as the first eighty zillion permutations of my name that I tried first were already taken.

That email account became my “pawn” account, for when I needed to give an email address for something so I could register, but knew it would put me on spam lists. So I wound up using it as a username in a few minor places, and the name stuck in my head as being “me.”

Pass the milk.

I had recently lost my religion and felt foolish for all the years I’d followed blindly, hence I was a faith fool. Now I’m somewhat regaining my belief and I feel like a fool that I’d gone so long without it.

Fortunately, it works either way. :slight_smile:

I’ve recounted this before.

It came from an old message board at www.shakespeare.com. People discussed various aspects, including the authorship question. You also could use any name you wanted for a post – a different name each time (there was no login).

After one particularly silly post about who wrote the plays, I made a post pointing out just how ridiculous the post was. I planned to sign it “Reality Check,” but accidentally typed my first name: “Reality Chuck.” I liked it and kept it on the board.

When I joined the SDMB, I used it, though I left out the space because I wasn’t sure the board would accept it.

The rest is history.

Cyan Magenta Yellow…K-black? :confused:

In case someone here doesn’t know where my name is from.

My name is Bo. I was (until injuries forced me to quit) a snowboarder.

What can I say? The description fits.

I’ve always pronounced your name as “Nor I Knew” and assumed it was a phonetic rendition of some archaic phrase, similar to “Ere I Knew.”

Your explanation is therefore rather disappointing.

From his link: The “K” in CMYK stands for key since in four-color printing cyan, magenta, and yellow printing plates are carefully keyed or aligned with the key of the black key plate

Because I’m the roughest, toughest, meanist hombre ever to come a-stompin out’a the Yukon!

Huh. Never heard that one before.

Sorry to disappoint. :frowning:

I have heard someone say they read it as “no renew” as in, when the board went pay-to-play, and then got all weird and shit. . .

Still, no matter how you read it, it’s really my first name, last initial. . .

Almost chose DEBOLIVAR GAGNASTY, one of my favorite names, but chose the current one because;

1. It’s shorter.
  2. Pretty much describes my normal state.

This is what I thought as well, except for the disappointment.

It’s the domain of my blog, when you add the .com. The reasons why I’m tumbled down are gone into there.

I was trying to be humorous/ironic. Gospel is usually associated with theists. I’m atheist. Many places won’t allow gospel to be used as a username. I didn’t even try here.

I live in Vancouver. 'nuff said.

It’s how I like my women!

Several years in the Middle East wandering around with no fixed address.