You've got three wishes.

You know the set-up.

Lamp.

Genie.

Wishes…three of 'em.

Stick to the rules from Disney’s Aladdin:
No wishing for more wishes, no one back from the dead for more than a week (I fudged that one), and no wishin’ for people to fall in love with you. (If you’re careful, you can find loopholes.)

How are you usin’ 'em?

1. I wish an agent or editor would read my books.
  2. I wish my husband and I would both live into our nineties.
  3. I wish someone would give me one million dollars so I could quit my job and focus on my writing.
  1. Health
  2. Wealth
  3. Love

By “love” I’m not specifying a specific person, so I think it would be acceptable. If not, then I might use #3 to grant the genie his or her freedom. (It must suck being stuck in a lamp!)

As far as the first two go, the wishes aren’t quite as simple as they seem. I would phrase them to describe exactly what I mean by the words. That way, you wouldn’t wish for “health” and only get your cold cured. You could define “health” as “freedom from all disease, repair of all injuries you have suffered in the past, (etc.)” “Wealth” could be defined such that you can be wealthy after taxes and whatnot, and avoid questions about where it came from and that sort of thing.

1. I wish the restriction on wishing for more wishes was lifted.

2. I wish for unlimited wishes.

I will go along with the spirit and go with purely selfish wishes rather than wishing for the big three that Johnny LA mentioned.

1. I wish that I could kill or bring anyone back to life with a thought and the true desire for it to happen. If they have been long dead, they can then join my zombie army. (Note, this is ok for the Aladdin movie, the reason Genie mentioned it was because the wish would be gruesome).

2. I wish I had cinematic psychokinetic powers that could never be used to hurt me. This would include telekenisis, pyrokinesis, cryokinesis, and teleportation (just because it would be fun).

3. I wish that I was superhumanly charismatic. (that way everyone would love me and want to do my bidding willingly).

Ah shucks.

Or

1. I wish posters that wish for syruply sweet things will get their literal wish (husband and self live until ninety and such) but have the spirit totally mangled. (live until ninety but not together or on life support for the last 20 years together in a coma). Mwuahahaha , just kidding but that was damn sweet.

2. I wish selfish wishes will be granted in the full spirit of the wish. (kill an enemy, make money, wish that the limitation on wishes didn’t exist and then wish for more wishes, etc)

3. I’ll hold this one in reserve to undo anything that happens later.

1. All of Wolverine’s mutant powers.
  2. All of the loose change from the car and couch cushions everywhere plus $1 from every person in America put into a bank account in my name, tax free, with no one questioning where it came from.
  3. I would save this one for later, to use at a time of my choosing.

Explinations:

1. With the healing factor, you are basically getting immortality here.

2. This would not adversly affect the economy by causing inflation of just magically creating money. You couldn’t just have the government print it for you, that wouldn’t be fair to everyone else. Besides, who would miss the couch change, or a dollar from their bank account?

3. Something might come up. :wink:

1. Perpetual Life, Youth, and Good Health (that’s one wish, and I can re-word it to be that way if you get picky)

2. Omniscience

3. I want to be the absolute God of this reality, existing in a meta-reality above this one.

Genie, make me able to…

1. teleport anywhere in the world at will.

2. fly.

3. modify the rate at which time passes for everything except me.

With the usual necessary fussing over wording to ensure personal safety and so on…

I figure wealth and happiness would pretty much take care of themselves, and with enough wealth, I could probably guarantee health, as much as we fallible mortals can. And have a lot of fun, and possibly even some philanthropy.

Let’s get real. Selfish wishes always self-destruct in the end. Djiini typically HATE having to hand out wishes willy-nilly.

So here’s my selfless wishes.

1. Adequate funding in all future budgets for upgrades and maintenance on the SDMB servers.

2. An existing major news service hires a new manager, who brings a real drive to fair and balanced reporting, in all subjects.

3. An increase in civic awareness, leading people to care about issues, research the positions of candidates for public office, and get out and vote. Preferably for candidates who will grant tax incentives for Web message board servers.

I would wish that KDIA, the old Oaktown AM soul station, would come back on the air. Lord, I miss that station.

Other than that, a million dollars, a fridge with a padlock, and, oh yeah!, huge pectoral muscles.

1. Big Bucks
  2. Big Brains
  3. A tiny butt.

[ul]
[li]Intelligence and rational happiness for all sentient beings.[/li][li]Indefinite existence for all sentient beings (builds on first wish).[/li][li]The ability to grant all of my own wishes (would give me an arbitrary degree of power at least equal to the djinn’s).[/li][/ul]
There: No loopholes, no tricky language, and I still make out with godlike powers in an Edenic Paradise.

:smiley:

There have been many, many threads about having 3 wishes, like here.

I wish my parents would win 100 million dollars in the lottery. (Just to see how often my older brother would come home THEN!)

I wish to be appointed Director of my State agency. (Yeah, baby! Let’s see what happens with a woman scientist in charge! Engineers, beware. Bwahahaha!)

I wish that Hubby and I were healthy.

Sekhmett Kiba, I didn’t even see that! Shucks. I searched and everything, and I figured my stuff would be at least far more recent than that.

Well, I suppose that’s the end of this thread. Even if it is kept open, I’ll assume it will be ignored, due to its multiplicity?

WAIT!

I WISH FOR THIS THREAD TO REMAIN OPEN AND ACTIVE!

…and a whole lotta money, and a love potion to use on sexy actors and athletes at will (potion = loophole).

Sorry, Derleth.

We’re going by Aladdin rules here. That means that wishing for genie-like powers turns you into a genie, forced into a lamp for all eternity.

poof

1. World Peace (blah, blah,blah…)
  2. Freedom for the genie
  3. Tickets and backstage passes to any concert I want for the next 50 years.

1.) I wish for contentment with my life, however it happens to be.

2.) I wish for those I love to experience that same contentment and peace.

3.) I wish for a peaceful, easy and neat death.

I wish for none of these things out of any great sappiness or altrutism but for the practicality and non-f**kupedness of the concepts involved for the future, past and present. Boring, yes but no justifications, expainations or strategizing become necessary with this scenario; it is as realistic as possible given the scenario (IMO).

1.) I wish for contentment with my life, however it happens to be.

2.) I wish for those I love to experience that same contentment and peace.

3.) I wish for a peaceful, easy and neat death.

I wish for none of these things out of any great sappiness or altrutism but for the practicality and non-f**kupedness of the concepts involved for the future, past and present. Boring, perhaps, but no justifications, expainations or strategizing become necessary with this scenario; it is as realistic as possible given the scenario (IMO).

Ooohh but if I only had one more wish, it would have to do with those damned ham§sters! Indeed, it would!