You've just been banned from the Straight Dope. Now what?

I would be sad and hurt. Then I would be pissed. Then I would realize that I’m better off, because I’d have tons more hours in the day to do something else more productive. Then I’d get addicted to another message board.

And then the cycle would start all over again.

I’d start my own forum. I would also write a letter of complaint to PBS.

Sigh… For those of you who can’t remove yourself enough to get into the spirit of the OP, try this scenario:

Your account was hacked. Some jerk off starts trolling under your name. Troll is subtle enough that he is able to convince the mods it’s you. (He’s a really good troll.)

After exhausting every resource to convince the mods it wasn’t you, they are STILL unconvinced, and you remain banned.

I can’t believe anyone would give enough of a shit to do this; has this ever happened in the real world? However, after the recent turn of events, it should become more common.

Since I personally know several Mods (and have pictures) I would find myself rapidly unbanned and quite a bit better off financially.

Dear Cecil,

Where do the bad people go when they are banned? I hope it’s not Straight Dope Chicago.

Sincerely,
Chester

Better off financially?

If I were banned it must be assumed I did something to deserve it. Therefore I have no need to be hanging around anymore.

It’s a nice place but in the end it’s just an internet message board.

O.K., fine, if you insist. If this happened, I’m sure I would still be lurking here.

I am intrigued by this G board. Would you be banned if you gave its full name?

I don’t think **Onomatopoeia **wants to stick his neck out.

Why, hack the server for emails and passwords, of course.

I mostly just lurk now, so I’d continue lurking.

[Golf clap…] Well done sir.

Check out post #49.

I’d get a lot more work done, for sure.

I’m not so sure lurking is an option; during the “Great Banning” I was unable to read anything on the board. I’d also never get away with a sock puppet, because my habitual overuse of semi-colons and elipses would nail me in a couple of hours. . .

So I guess I would go over to Khan Academy and become a genius at something.

Yeah. With blackjack and hookers.

I’ve got photos of Rico that are worth upwards of a buck fifty in blackmail.

Are you on city data?